1952 Plymouth Cranbrook cowl vent seal

Leo White
Go to solution Solved by Leo White,

• Solution

I am working on my cowl vent at the moment, I have the vent off and just got the rust off of where the seal goes.  I bought a seal from Rockauto and tried to put it in place to see if it fits and one end always comes up if I try to stretch it.  My question is where is a good place to buy a seal that will fit?  Thanks in advance

not marked solved now........its magic......lol....the 52 Plymouth cowl vent seal is as most other models unique to the 51/52...I cannot recall where I got mine exactly but I was thinking back when Frank was running Mitchells auto parts...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

not marked solved now........its magic......lol....the 52 Plymouth cowl vent seal is unique....I cannot recall where I got mine exactly but I was thinking back when Frank was running Mitchells auto parts...

Yeah I got mine from Rockauto and it seems to short and if I stretch it one end always comes up and it does not sit flat.  Trying to figure this thing out and wondering if I was to use a sealant on it if it would stay down or come up.

the seal needs to lay in the channel pretty much flat and of it own shape and not stretched....I would say Steele but my experience is their rubber is often too hard and does not compress as it should and forces lids and such to stand proud of the body...I suppose in time it may lay down...but looks like heck on install...