Whither DPETCA?

Does anybody know the current state of DPETCA as a club, or even the main web site?

The website hasn’t been updated since 2013, and the forum purpose on this site is fairly stale and redundant with this truck forum outside of historical archives.

The content on the website is valuable to preserve but any site shouldn’t be left to coast.

As far as I can tell p15-d24 is the new DPETCA, and I’m happy to be a part of this great community.

Edited by wagoneer

Its been dormant for years. The information is maintained by Bob Koch.

He has moved to Wisconsin from California.

If it was to start up again it would be his call.

This forum and the DPETCA site grew together and apart.

It has been mentioned to bring the info from the DPETCA site here.

But that has yet to happen, thou the information links are shared. 

48D

• Like 1

I started a while back trying to bring some of the content over with Bob's approval. However I didn't have direct access to the source files and the browser used for displaying the image files appears to downsample the images quite a bit. The result was a very poor render of the image files and I stopped. I do think would be a great idea to get all the content moved over so it doesn't vanish forever and I would be more that happy to roll it into this site.  I haven't communicated with Bob in years but if some of you have maybe contact him and see if he would be agreeable to moving the. entire site at some point. 

@P15-D24 You can use the tool wget to download the whole site pretty easily. I've done it for the download files, but it's easy enough for anybody to do it. Here's a tutorial.

You'll get a directory of files including the all important /know subdirectory that contains all the brochures and parts manuals. You could limit to just the /know subdirectory too by just modifying the last url.

image.png.e2fb84d9d85365e4a1d7be38b6b0db5f.png

image.png.6645e14cd8882fe2a8f4c88b7752defd.png

wget \

--recursive \

--no-clobber \

--page-requisites \

--html-extension \

--convert-links \

--restrict-file-names=windows \

--domains dodgepilothouseclub.org \

--no-parent \

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/

Edited by wagoneer

While I don’t comment a whole lot on this site, it is a very valuable place for info that Bob has put together! I would LOVE to see it WOKE UP and be “modernized “ to be easier to post with pics etc. I think technology has progressed so much it could easily be done and the site would become ALIVE again in a big way with so many more truck people finding out about it. Perhaps just asking for an extract of the Flathead & Pilothouse stuff and starting a new site for trucks with links from here would be cool as well….for what it’s worth, those are my thoughts.  Can’t hurt to ask!!

• Like 1