parting out

I have acquired a 1950 dodge 2 door and thinking about parting out.  Body is pretty much roached but mechanics are still in decent shape.  What kind of a price could I expect to get for an automatic tranny with 85,000 miles on the od.  I realize for the most part it is what someone is willing to pay but trying to get an idea of a selling price.  Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

Sounds like a repowered truck....which trans?  Value depends on what it is!

Funny I was thinking it sounded like a car...

Yeah being a automatic ... kinda sounds wrong but not impossible.  ... A fluid drive? Maybe. ... The op posted it is a 2 door. Most truck are. Might be worth restoring if it was a fluid drive?

OP states they want to part it out. Or do they mean they want to sell the whole truck as 1 item for parts? A lot of questions here.

@tinlizzybe nice to have more information as to what you really have. Then there is a classified section here to actually advertise. I am hoping you will advertise there I need some parts.

Here in this thread, we are still making conversation to figure out what you have for sale.

You will need to make a separate post in classifieds to sell them. Just the rules.

But this thread is very valid while we figure out what it is you have for sale.

okay guys it is a 2 door car and yes I know this is a truck site but I bought the car for the rear end that was suppose to be a 355 but of course it wasn't.  I toyed with the idea of replacing the 3 speed in the truck with the auto but i'm too old to fool with it.  I was thinking of selling it but had no idea what it was worth and as you guys know a whole lot of stuff I just figured you'd know an approx amount.

The car was pretty well complete but body is roached pretty bad and the wife wants it gone.  Thought I might give a shot at selling off the parts if I had an idea of what things are worth.  Thanks for the input.

Pictures help. 

In general, market values for cars or trucks like this that need lots of attention (FAIR)  are <$5k or less. Generally $2-$4k IF it runs. If it doesn't run, then halve the asking price. Parting it out will pretty much always get you more but with lots more work (opportunity cost). A NEW torque flight 727 can be had for about $1,250. I just bought a couple of trannys from French Lake Auto parts for $150 each plus $250 in freight.  You should look at eBay - parting out smaller pieces can be valuable. Think each piece goes for a minimum of $50, and even small things like door switches are valuable to those in need. Some body parts in high or rare demand like truck running boards can fetch up to a $1k.

Again, lots of effort taking pictures, posting, packaging, processing, etc. You might be able to part it out for $5k in the end.