Go for it or stay clear?

39 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

To this point you should assure the hood is set up right for the B1/B2 front clip and not a B3/B4 hood.

yeah, so the very first picture, of the engine, shows the rod and hood support that go with the '48-'50 series.  they are the two bars at the top of the photo.....

• Thanks 2

This is a great learning process, if nothing else.  I know my 48 Windsor pretty good and all the little changes from 46-48 and from Royal to Windsor to New Yorker.  But I had no idea I knew so little about the truck differences until now.

18 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Odd placement of the floor shifter.

Looks like new windshield rubber/glass?

Clear "Mutt" title?

Cheap mr gasket shifter. I ended up down the same rabbit hole. Its mechanical linkage, rods and bushings. 
i shimmed the play out of mine,but it made lots of banging noise, so i had to go back to wet noodle linkage. 
thats next on my agenda, cable  shifter. 

40 minutes ago, wallytoo said:

agree they are the same, but it seems as though for the truck pictured that a front clip from a '48-'50 was transplanted onto a '51-'53 cab/chassis.

I agree.....he had a 48-50 "Dog house" and plugged it in.

Personal History: First Pilot House I bought was a 1948....but...it had a 1953 bed and fenders. When I discovered what I had was wrong and the round fenders were the correct fenders for '48....I kinda flipped out, I love the those half rounds. Took me several years to find some, now I have a bunch.

48D   

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

Cheap mr gasket shifter. I ended up down the same rabbit hole. Its mechanical linkage, rods and bushings. 
i shimmed the play out of mine,but it made lots of banging noise, so i had to go back to wet noodle linkage. 
thats next on my agenda, cable  shifter. 

Good to know.  In my original post I mentioned that the guy couldn't get the clutch to engage.  So perhaps the cheap shifter could have something to do with that.

Edited by harmony

8 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

The 48-53 fenders should all be the same....

48D

I'm probably wrong but for some reason It thought the 48-50 fenders were different than the 51-53 fenders.  Maybe it's just the doors that are different.... 

With a trans swap...throw out bearing, clutch disc etc. issues could be reason for clutch engagement problem.

Not done correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bkahler said:

I'm probably wrong but for some reason It thought the 48-50 fenders were different than the 51-53 fenders.  Maybe it's just the doors that are different.... 

Fenders are all the same for B series trucks....now doors, cabs, hoods, grills and REAR fenders...different story.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Fenders are all the same for B series trucks....now doors, cabs, hoods, grills and REAR fenders...different story.

Thanks for the clarification.  I knew there were differences, just couldn't remember all of them. 

doors are from later model than 48, on 48 angle goes all the way across also not mentioned here is the gas tank.  It is different on a panel truck than on pickup but frame is exactly the same.  I put together a pickup and panel parts from both only to find out the gas tank from the panel wouldn't fit the pickup, fill spout in different location.

5 hours ago, tinlizzy said:

doors are from later model than 48, on 48 angle goes all the way across also not mentioned here is the gas tank.  It is different on a panel truck than on pickup but frame is exactly the same.  I put together a pickup and panel parts from both only to find out the gas tank from the panel wouldn't fit the pickup, fill spout in different location.

implies that the door difference wasn't noted; it was, by merle.

10 hours ago, harmony said:

It's sounding like, if I look at the ID plate I might find some fresh rivets. ? 

The drivers side hinge pillar model/serial # plate is held on with two small phillip head screws.

That truck is a 1951-52 so...

The ID plate will probably read....

B-3-B 108

• Thanks 1