1954 Dodge Hood Crest Emblem

dwest999

Hello all.  I've been looking and looking (and looking) for a replacement hood crest emblem for my '54 Dodge (flathead).  Does anyone know of a source?  Below is a picture of mine in it's very sorry state.  Thanks.  Dave

image.png.8958377ba0fd1b411437d9b17c1c3837.png

Thank you John and Doug.  I've been searching eBay, FB, Craigs, etc... with no luck.  I'll reach out to Ed Speigel.  Dave

Some items can take years of searching.

Be sure you search using the factory part#.

The internet and Ebay have made this process much much easier.

There are still some old MoPar items I've never been able to find in over 40 years.

I'm patient and just keep looking.

Good luck on your hood crest seach!

Why not give a try at redoing yours? The pot metal looks pretty good. This sounds weird but go over the raised areas with coca cola and aluminum foil. The citric acid in the coke will cleanup the plating and the foil will full in the pits.  Then get a good color print of an original item, take it To the drugstore, go to the fingernail polish section and find the colors you need.  If you have leftovers, give them to your daughter or grand daughter when you are done.

That would fill the space on the car whilst you ontinue your search for the grail. 

Edited by greg g