repair of Sparton horns?

Guest olbrowndodge

Guest olbrowndodge

Does anyone know of a place, shop or business that repairs Sparton horns? Each time I fiddle with one, by the time I'm done cleaning and "restoring it", it no longer works. How can something so simple looking be so confounding!

Thanks, olbrowndodge

I believe the old horns all work on the same basic principle of contact points inside the horn to make them blow. The repair procedure is in our P15 service manuals.

Also, a big problem comes when restoring the horns with the grounding after you've painted the horn. You have to make sure you have a good ground on the horns. Either use a star washer under the wire screw to scratch through the new paint or clean off the paint around the screw hole for the wire. If you don't have a good ground, the horn will not work.

That said, if you do a search on the internet you'll find a site that repairs the old horns. I found it once about a year ago. Did not bookmark it though and don't remember the name. Found it by accident when I was looking for something else.