50 State Bingo

cheesy

It took me 65 years, but I finally managed to set foot in all fifty states. Knocked the last one, Mississippi, off the list last week. If it hadn't been for the new job I started in 97, I'd probably rarely gotten out of the Great Lakes states.

World Bingo, now, I have quite a ways to go but have a pretty good start there. Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Iceland, England, Spain, France, South Africa, and Australia. Not too bad for a kid whose parents rarely left Wisconsin.

• Like 3

Well done.....I have only been in two states west of the lazy river...first time was just to say I crossed the river....the second time was to retrieve a 41 Dodge out of Kansas.  Been in a few other countries....thanks to military and DoD temp assignments.  All in all I can say it has been fun.  I do not see myself traveling anymore though....got burnt out on air travel.  I've become my dad, like to visit the family....never stay long from the house.  Take advantage of the travel, I loved it years ago....I would like to revisit some of the places I visited overseas in my youth.

• Like 1

Pacific northwest we haven't visited unless you count a stop in Vancouver  to change planes on the way to Fairbanks, haven't gotten to N Dak either.

Have been to

Puerto Rico,, Bahamas, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy, Greece, Belgium, British and US Virgin Islands, Luxenburg, Montenegro and Switzerland.  Vatican and Lichtenstein  if they count.

With air travel being a pita, and health concerns, our long distance travel days are likely over.  Now that time and money aren't issues, aches and pains along with lack of patience, long trips are not on the bucket list anymore.

• Like 1

With the employer running me ragged before I retire, I've been packing on frequent flyer miles. I'm sitting on something like 325,000 with American. Once I retire, my other half and I will take a first class trip somewhere tropical, or mountainous, then I will never set foot in an airport again. I have 55 flights under my belt since 8 January and have two more next week.

Canada, Mexico, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Oman, Bahrain, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand.  I was in Iranian territorial waters, but we didn't stop to visit just hand out a whupping.

Been to a number of states, but not all 50. 

Jeez, how could I forget Puerto Rico? My favorite customers and a great place for a get away. A few nights in a B&B located in the upper elevations of the rain forest is one of the best ways to unwind. And they have rum.

I do not know how many states I have traveled through, but I believe I have only missed Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi...maybe Louisiana. I was very young when we started traveling, but we were stationed on both coasts, twice. Never been on the gulf coast though.

My dad traveled the world in the Navy and Air force, and after hearing about it all I never much wanted to go. (Or join the service.)  I have been to Canada a few times, but never to Mexico. I sent both my kids to Europe on some student travel thing. Nowadays, I only want to go to Egypt, but not in the current situation. If I never see Luxor or Cairo, or Abu Simbel, well I've seen it all on TV . (Even more than the archeologists who found it all.)

I attended schools in Kentucky (1), New York(1), Washington (2) , Arizona (2), Utah(1), Minnesota (5), & California (2)

I was never actually a high school senior, yet it took me 11 schools to get to the college of engineering at USU. After college I did some post grad studies in computer science here in California at COS.

We had Apple2E's and a Macintosh, way before folks called it "The Mac".

(Edit: I forgot attending Rainy River State in International Falls MN. That's why I was never a senior. I got to skip.)

Edited by Ulu

On 7/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, greg g said:

Pacific northwest we haven't visited unless you count a stop in Vancouver  to change planes on the way to Fairbanks, haven't gotten to N Dak either.

With air travel being a pita, and health concerns, our long distance travel days are likely over.  

Lol, Greg, if you’re wanting to see the PNW you better hurry before it burns to the ground. 

congrats Cheesy on the bingo.?

Julie and I have another type of bingo we are doing..... as we travel, we try and meet forum members in different states and countries. (Something i always admired about Don C)

my list is short so far; CA, Washington, Montana, Minnesota and London England but, has been humbling and enriching.

(So, You all have been warned! ?)

Edited by Brent B3B

We have had visits in PA, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Colorado, Florida, Georgia. Have hosted folks from California, Canada, Missouri, Mass.  Always willing to put on a cup of Joe or mix up a cold refreshing adult beverage for intrepid travelling forum members.  If your are in the area give us a shout.  Lots to do and see here abouts.

• Like 1

I'm with Greg.  Any Forum member makes it to northern Maine is welcome at our place, same invite as NM, MI, and NY.  We're at the northern beginning/end of I-95 (depending on your point of view).  Not much up here but open roads and scenery, but it's gorgeous...especially in autumn.