Jump to content

Last few bits, clips, and pieces needed for a completed restoration...


Recommended Posts

Hello everybody. 

My 1950 Plymouth is nearly completely restored. These are the last things I need and I'm having a hard time finding a vendor that sells them. I would greatly appreciate any help:

 

1. window retaining clips x6
image.png.fce8cc73b51dff840b6c7744f4c30792.png
2. rubber bumper stop set
3. horseshoe clips that hold the door locks in place x2 
 
I have tried to contact AMS Obsolete many times. They only have one number that I know of and it is perpetually busy. I did manage to talk to one person who said they would get back to me - but he never did. 
I have also called Bernbaum. 
Any ideas for other vendors? 
Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks in advance.
image.png.2a3c3dcc340ecff687eeff9a73879272.png
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, meezy said:
. window retaining clips x6
image.png.fce8cc73b51dff840b6c7744f4c30792.png
2. rubber bumper stop set
3. horseshoe clips that hold the door locks in place x2 

1 Don't know what these are. Part # ?

2 Steele rubber

3 Use brake hose clip and modify

Edited by chrysler1941
Link to post
Share on other sites

As the OP is dealing with parts inside the doors, my guess is they are the rubber stops that prevent the window going down too far. The rubber stops it hitting the metal piece the rubber fits in. Best place to find these are in a parts car or someone who owns one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Restoration Specialties do have these clips, I see someone already  gave you the company name. But let me give the part number (11964) they are a $1.25 each, and they are called stud fasteners.

www.restorationspecialties.com

814/467/9842

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:43 PM, Bob Ritter said:

Restoration Specialties do have these clips, I see someone already  gave you the company name. But let me give the part number (11964) they are a $1.25 each, and they are called stud fasteners.

www.restorationspecialties.com

814/467/9842

Thanks very much for your input. I got all the stuff I needed. The car is *done*.  : )

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2021 at 3:09 PM, meezy said:

Thanks very much for your input. I got all the stuff I needed. The car is *done*.  : )


Don’t tease! Post some pictures of the finished vehicle . Nothing more exciting than to see the end result of lots of hard work , and where many of us are aiming for .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, wagoneer said:


Don’t tease! Post some pictures of the finished vehicle . Nothing more exciting than to see the end result of lots of hard work , and where many of us are aiming for .

Haha. I didn't mean to tease, I also didn't want to seem like I was bragging... 

IMG-20210731-WA0015.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, meezy said:

20210731_123912.jpg

 

 

Showing off the goods is required on this site. We are all voyeurs, and live vicariously through the success of those succeeding. 

 

 

What a sharp looking nose on that vehicle! I think the 50' Plymouth is nicer looking than the 50' Chrysler redesign. I'm not a fan of post-48 DCPD re-designs, in general,  but your 2-door looks real nice especially after they lengthened the back seat and shortened the rear-end. A lot like the 2-door coupes of later years.

 

Did you do away with most of the badging? It looks super clean; Well done!

 

Based on the reflection in the bumper (polishing giving you away), you seem to have a warehouse of cars behind you. 

Edited by wagoneer
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wagoneer said:

 

 

Showing off the goods is required on this site. We are all voyeurs, and live vicariously through the success of those succeeding. 

 

 

What a sharp looking nose on that vehicle! I think the 50' Plymouth is nicer looking than the 50' Chrysler redesign. I'm not a fan of post-48 DCPD re-designs, in general,  but your 2-door looks real nice especially after they lengthened the back seat and shortened the rear-end. A lot like the 2-door coupes of later years.

 

Did you do away with most of the badging? It looks super clean; Well done!

 

Based on the reflection in the bumper (polishing giving you away), you seem to have a warehouse of cars behind you. 

Thanks for your comments. 

 

I have had this car since I was 15. I'm 44 now. This was a once-in-a-lifetime operation addressing some rust issues in the body and a total repaint, which eliminated the weird sparkly baby blue color that this poor car had been wearing since the 70s.

 

The car did have all the trim, lettering, and badging in decent condition - but I always thought it made the car look too frumpy for my taste. I like that big blunt nose without the hood ornament. Mine was kind of beat anyway. I like that there's no script anywhere I am keeping everything, though, in case I or a future owner want to restore it to stock condition.

 

I want to get some wider smoothies for it. It needs a new interior. I'd like to add some headers - and then I think it really will be done. : )

Edited by meezy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, very nice.  Now that you've warmed up on your 50, how about doing the same on my 51, lol.

 

Talk to me about those tires and rims, they don't look stock.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use