Last few bits, clips, and pieces needed for a completed restoration...

meezy

Hello everybody. 

My 1950 Plymouth is nearly completely restored. These are the last things I need and I'm having a hard time finding a vendor that sells them. I would greatly appreciate any help:

1. window retaining clips x6
image.png.fce8cc73b51dff840b6c7744f4c30792.png
2. rubber bumper stop set
3. horseshoe clips that hold the door locks in place x2 

I have tried to contact AMS Obsolete many times. They only have one number that I know of and it is perpetually busy. I did manage to talk to one person who said they would get back to me - but he never did. 
I have also called Bernbaum. 
Any ideas for other vendors? 
Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks in advance.
image.png.2a3c3dcc340ecff687eeff9a73879272.png

On 7/12/2021 at 4:02 PM, meezy said:
. window retaining clips x6
image.png.fce8cc73b51dff840b6c7744f4c30792.png
2. rubber bumper stop set
3. horseshoe clips that hold the door locks in place x2 

1 Don't know what these are. Part # ?

2 Steele rubber

3 Use brake hose clip and modify

Edited by chrysler1941

As the OP is dealing with parts inside the doors, my guess is they are the rubber stops that prevent the window going down too far. The rubber stops it hitting the metal piece the rubber fits in. Best place to find these are in a parts car or someone who owns one. 

Restoration Specialties do have these clips, I see someone already  gave you the company name. But let me give the part number (11964) they are a $1.25 each, and they are called stud fasteners.

www.restorationspecialties.com

814/467/9842

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 11:43 PM, Bob Ritter said:

Restoration Specialties do have these clips, I see someone already  gave you the company name. But let me give the part number (11964) they are a $1.25 each, and they are called stud fasteners.

www.restorationspecialties.com

814/467/9842

Thanks very much for your input. I got all the stuff I needed. The car is *done*.  : )

On 8/6/2021 at 3:09 PM, meezy said:

Thanks very much for your input. I got all the stuff I needed. The car is *done*.  : )

Don’t tease! Post some pictures of the finished vehicle . Nothing more exciting than to see the end result of lots of hard work , and where many of us are aiming for .

On 8/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, wagoneer said:

Don’t tease! Post some pictures of the finished vehicle . Nothing more exciting than to see the end result of lots of hard work , and where many of us are aiming for .

Haha. I didn't mean to tease, I also didn't want to seem like I was bragging... 

IMG-20210731-WA0015.jpeg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, meezy said:

20210731_123912.jpg

Showing off the goods is required on this site. We are all voyeurs, and live vicariously through the success of those succeeding. 

What a sharp looking nose on that vehicle! I think the 50' Plymouth is nicer looking than the 50' Chrysler redesign. I'm not a fan of post-48 DCPD re-designs, in general,  but your 2-door looks real nice especially after they lengthened the back seat and shortened the rear-end. A lot like the 2-door coupes of later years.

Did you do away with most of the badging? It looks super clean; Well done!

Based on the reflection in the bumper (polishing giving you away), you seem to have a warehouse of cars behind you. 

Edited by wagoneer

2 hours ago, wagoneer said:

Showing off the goods is required on this site. We are all voyeurs, and live vicariously through the success of those succeeding. 

What a sharp looking nose on that vehicle! I think the 50' Plymouth is nicer looking than the 50' Chrysler redesign. I'm not a fan of post-48 DCPD re-designs, in general,  but your 2-door looks real nice especially after they lengthened the back seat and shortened the rear-end. A lot like the 2-door coupes of later years.

Did you do away with most of the badging? It looks super clean; Well done!

Based on the reflection in the bumper (polishing giving you away), you seem to have a warehouse of cars behind you. 

Thanks for your comments. 

I have had this car since I was 15. I'm 44 now. This was a once-in-a-lifetime operation addressing some rust issues in the body and a total repaint, which eliminated the weird sparkly baby blue color that this poor car had been wearing since the 70s.

The car did have all the trim, lettering, and badging in decent condition - but I always thought it made the car look too frumpy for my taste. I like that big blunt nose without the hood ornament. Mine was kind of beat anyway. I like that there's no script anywhere I am keeping everything, though, in case I or a future owner want to restore it to stock condition.

I want to get some wider smoothies for it. It needs a new interior. I'd like to add some headers - and then I think it really will be done. : )

Edited by meezy
  • Like 1