Rear Bumper For my 1947 1/2 WC.

Go to solution Solved by Young Ed,

Does anyone have a Rear Bumper For my 1947 1/2 WC. I’m looking to buy a used one. Also does anyone know how to determine from the vin number if my rear main bearing seal is one price accessible from bell housing end or if it’s the type that’s built into the main bearing cap? I’m trying to seal up all my oil leaks without removal of engine.  Thank you! 

7 hours ago, Life is Good said:

Thanks Ed for helping a fellow out giving some direction. I appreciate the guidance!

nice people rule 

Kevin 

Now post a pic of your project. I've got a 46 driver and a 47 project

Nice like the artillery wheels. I'd say a truck that nice is worthy of a new bumper:) I do have a factory rear on my 46 but like I said they arent easily found.

I wish I had video of the junkyard when I got mine. The yard owner had to cut it off and we watched him come bouncing down the dirt paths with the bumper laying on the roof of his beater yard car. 

IMAG0321.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This  is a new bumper and brackets from Dodge Central of Michigan . The bumper alone is $350 , bumper and brackets and bolts are priced together at $485 . When ordering you choose short or long version brackets , the brackets in my photo are the short brackets .  I used a file to remove the sharp edges before painting . Everything fit well and the quality is great . 

IMG_3401.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1