Pedal Bump Stops????

CO54

Has anyone found a lead on getting replacement pedal bump stops that go through the firewall?

I was cleaning up the firewall and priming today when I hit one that shot out and is now lost. 

Please advise. 

Thanks. 

Eric.

y4mvNNxBeOCxopBQu526cARgXxr0Sy6XuJtgbO_A

From what I can tell when compared to the passenger side, yes. 3 slots pre-punched in the firewall for either Left or Right Side drive.  Have 2 of the 3.  3rd went flying today when I hit it with the grinder/wheel brush, now MIA.....

My guess is that rubber ya got is probably about as hard as chinese calculus so ya might want to go ahead and remove while ya can to complete your painting.  Ya might be in the difficult position of needing low volume replacement rubber parts that might not be readily available...I did not see anything close at Roberts or DCM websites.  So what ya can do is approach this as an opportunity to customize this part to your liking.  Similar thickness and shape rubber can be epoxy bonded to the cab for an economical cost, and replacement can be just as economical. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JBNeal said:

My guess is that rubber ya got is probably about as hard as chinese calculus so ya might want to go ahead and remove while ya can to complete your painting.  Ya might be in the difficult position of needing low volume replacement rubber parts that might not be readily available...I did not see anything close at Roberts or DCM websites.  So what ya can do is approach this as an opportunity to customize this part to your liking.  Similar thickness and shape rubber can be epoxy bonded to the cab for an economical cost, and replacement can be just as economical. 

Believe it or not, the 2 that are still there are still somewhat soft.  I did find some pedal stops for an older Corvette that I'll probably order and trim to fit. 

14 hours ago, JBNeal said:

There ya go, think outside of the box and ya might have something there...that's how I found a fix for the door check retainers :cool:

You did a great write up on your door check retainer fix, my problem is I don't have either of the original door checks to modify the same way.  So I'm looking for other options, possibly an older Jeep Wrangler simple strap with hooks.

2 minutes ago, bkahler said:

Does your doors used door checks or did Dodge change to something different for your truck?

I have various extra door checks laying around.

The passenger side was pulled out from the door jamb and was missing, the driver side was bent and wouldn't operate properly so I had to cut it to get the door off. 

I spotted another door check retainer replacement a few days ago while doing some research on glove box springs but haven't verified if it is a viable alternative...I've also got a follow-up I'm putting together that is more work but gets the door opening back to the original angle, making the first attempt look like a quick fix...I literally was measuring door parts when my phone rang in May and I'm just now getting back around to it.  Stay tuned...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

I spotted another door check retainer replacement a few days ago while doing some research on glove box springs but haven't verified if it is a viable alternative...I've also got a follow-up I'm putting together that is more work but gets the door opening back to the original angle, making the first attempt look like a quick fix...I literally was measuring door parts when my phone rang in May and I'm just now getting back around to it.  Stay tuned...

That was a LONG phone call..... ?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JBNeal said:

Can you drop any updates into your original door check repair post.  I have a list of posts I follow for future issues, gotta keep all the info here straight. 

Thanks.

Eric

I'm in process of documenting this and a few other things that I'm working on but I'm holding off on sharing until I'm satisfied with the results.  Not every fix I've attempted has worked so I only want to demonstrate working solutions.  I've cleared a few time-consuming hurdles recently so I can get back to work on the old buggies for a little bit...unless one of my lady friends shows up with other ideas :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I'm in process of documenting this and a few other things that I'm working on but I'm holding off on sharing until I'm satisfied with the results.  Not every fix I've attempted has worked so I only want to demonstrate working solutions.  I've cleared a few time-consuming hurdles recently so I can get back to work on the old buggies for a little bit...unless one of my lady friends shows up with other ideas :rolleyes:

JB,

I'm assuming you schedule your various lady friend visits so they don't overlap with one another..... :)

• Haha 1

During a recent outing to a small live music venue where a spirited relationship discussion was prompted when more than one gal was observed at different times leaning on me, the quiet guy standing against the wall, I raised a few eyebrows and elicited some guffaws from the guys by posing the question "who among us has thrown a fish back that jumped into the boat??"  I keep my fireworks limited to Independence Day, New Years Day, and accidentally putting jumper cables on the wrong battery polarity :rolleyes:

I was going to write up something today on some work that I recently completed but hit a snag with a weather related hours-long area power outage that caused a few other problems that are ongoing...also, as it's raining cats and dogs this morning, 2 eldely neighbors txt me about mowing their acreage SOON...needlessly impatient much, fellas?? :rolleyes:

maybe I'll have something productive to share in a few days...

• Like 1

I heard the sarcasm, come on now..... :D

(I was lucky to have found Steph when I did.....I was kinda busy racing and playing with old trucks.)

1 minute ago, ggdad1951 said:

wait which is the sarcasm font?

this one

or this one?

That's the problem with the internet.  It's hard to read intent with typed words.  

Oh yeah, the little font above I would call whispering and the larger font yelling!  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, CO54 said:

Has anyone found a lead on getting replacement pedal bump stops that go through the firewall?

I was cleaning up the firewall and priming today when I hit one that shot out and is now lost. 

Please advise. 

Thanks. 

Eric.

y4mvNNxBeOCxopBQu526cARgXxr0Sy6XuJtgbO_A

This hood bumper kit may or may not help: 

https://dcmclassics.com/home/642-rw-164-hood-bumper-kit-61-71.html

• Thanks 1