Another Parking brake question

a lot of industrial equipment, aircraft tugs, baggage tugs, forklifts etc have a simple ebrake lever arrangement.  Heck, the little Cushman truckster mail truck that I drove in my  first corporate job had one.  Lever is horizontal when disengaged and rotates a little over 90deg to pull the cable.  That 'over 90' is what locks it on.  One the end of the lever is a knob that can be rotated to adjust the brake cable.  Seems ideal for a floor mounted system in our trucks.  Or even under dash near the left side, (or right for our down-under friends).

But, I've never seen a commercial source.  Anybody know of one?

On 7/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, kencombs said:

But, I've never seen a commercial source.  Anybody know of one?

Capture.PNG.70a2188f12ebee75d0404e9c40d2015b.PNG  EBay

Check out-

Control Cables- they sell a set up with pull handles/splitter for cables/cables made per specs. you choose.  http://www.controlcables.com/

???

DJ

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

Check out-

Control Cables- they sell a set up with pull handles/splitter for cables/cables made per specs. you choose.  http://www.controlcables.com/

Excellcent info, tks..  Bookmarked for use when I get closer to a final PB decision.  Right now I'm still fixing rust, and will be for a while!

• Like 1