Sisson choke value

pflaming

Have free time here in Maine so been surfing  more. I notice that the Sisson auto choke often lists at $200 +.  I have three, are those prices realistic? 

Yes those prices are real when searching on Ebay and also when you go to venders sites such as Bernbaums, Mitchells etc.

Have to remember that these items are no longer being made and there are no reproductions, so its either a used one that might not work or NOS one.

The 49-53 Plymouth unit is more costly becasue of how the unit sits infron of the carb versus the early ones for the Chrylser,Desoto, Dodge that go from 1937-53. These are cheaper but still are costly.

Yes I have several of the Chr/Dod/des units and also the Sisson Choke Testing stand and the adjsuting tools and the tool for setting the Chrysler  Straight Eight Sisson Choke. This tool is very hard to find and I have found only two inthe past 30+ years.  Even the Airflow Club that meets at Hershey have told me that they have never seen the adjusting tools and or even how to make the setup adjustment.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Thanks Rich. I’m in Maine until mid September. Then back to California to down size my shop, MOPAR parts and vehicles. Nice up here. July 4 , the temp a chilly 60 degrees. Love it!