Progress

After having been on this site for a few years and asking lots of questions, I finally made some progress today. Dropped the engine back into the frame.  The frame was media blasted and powder coated. The cab is mostly done, with the inside and engine bay painted. Once I get it back on it needs a guide coat then will be ready for final paint. Doors and fenders are also ready for a guide coat. 

Up next is the wiring and plumbing while it is opened up. I rebuilt the engine, but want to get it running prior to to putting the cab back on. Still lots to do, but some light at the end of the tunnel. 

F20B0137-4080-4722-A95B-4F5423900A21.jpeg

• Like 7

Go-karting the truck is so much fun.  And yes, a great way to trouble shoot any issues without body parts in the way!  My buddy on my go-kart day.

2011-07-30 14.20.46.jpg

• Like 3

run some electrical wires up to that seat with a plug on the end,  you could rent this out as POD electric chair to various states with capital punishment....one such state just determined their electric chair was unsafe to use due to sitting idle too long.  Don't want to zap the wrong person.  I see the wood is covering the emergency brake....(feet dragging pavement)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I recommend having a more secure seat than my “bucket seat”. I like Mark’s seat idea. Mine rocked and scared the crap out of me a couple times. Good thing the steering column is rigid. I was hanging on, tightly, to the steering wheel to keep from falling off. 

hp1140196.jpg.76253f11f2bef0f6e2cb9af134f4d345.jpg

• Like 2