Brunch

Kilgore47

Been getting into the low 90's here for the last few days.  That's cool for this time of the year.  Going to take the 47 P15 to brunch this morning with a group of people I used to work with.  About 30 miles one way.  This will be the first trip out of town with this car.  Last time I planned to do this the car came down with generator and clutch problems.  All that is fixed now so I'm going for it.  

More news latter

Give ‘er. Best way to sort it out. Find the issues by driving it. Get AAA coverage! I’m good for 200 or so miles, a tow home. 

Edited by keithb7

I made it back.  Everything went fine.  Ran between 50 and 60 MPH.  A total of 56 miles.  I have a lot more confidence in the car now.  The oil pressure dropped from 50 pounds to 40 pounds at 50 mph once the engine got hot but it didn't go any lower than that.  Running 30 wt non detergent.  40 pounds is OK.  I'll top off the tank later and find out what kind of mileage the car is getting. 

This is a picture when I was getting ready to leave.  The blue car in the back ground is my other daily driver. 

Ready For Brunch.jpg

-Leaves the Nissan 370z home and takes the ‘47 Plymouth.

Were you adopted by chance? We could be siblings. ;)

Glad to see you are building confidence in the car. I’ve been through the same. I’m still reluctant to go over 100 miles or so from home. Not sure why. I put 2200 good miles on my old ‘38 Plymouth last summer. Was feeling pretty good with it. 

9 hours ago, keithb7 said:

-Leaves the Nissan 370z home and takes the ‘47 Plymouth.

That's a 2007 350Z.  I picked it up a few years back and it only had 15 thousand miles on it.  Close to 50 thousand now.  Before that I had a 1987 Corvette with only 17 thousand miles on it. But someone pulled out in front of me and totaled it.  Decided to go with a metal car this time.  Around town I use the 47.  When I go out of town I take the Z.