Nope...My Old Mopar Will Not Leave The Garage This Week!

keithb7

It's a pleasure vehicle. I suspect there will be little pleasure to be had while behind the wheel over the next week or so.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 12.21.14 PM.png

Mopar Garage.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

• keithb7 changed the title to Nope...My Old Mopar Will Not Leave The Garage This Week!

Turn the AC on highest settings - -

Front window open?

Vent windows turned backwards. Cowl vent open fully.

Avoid driving in traffic/slow down too much!

Continue to enjoy your drives!!  ?

Your temps are higher than central CA. at this time- it's only supposed? to get to 101 F. today and next several

DJ

Yeah incredible weather temps for the area. Being born in Tacoma and raised in the area, anything over 80F was ridiculous.  The humidity just killed you.

Here in west TX has been over 100F for a few weeks .... Could not sleep so got out of bed at 3:00am this morning and watched a old black & white cowboy movie.

Checked the temps and was 82f then ... My AC was working fine. 7 day forecast calls for rain and in the 80's-low 90's .... nice if true, just never seems to rain here when they say it will.

108F is nothing here in dry west tx, is something else in areas that do not get this temp ... life threatening to those with no AC and simply never needed in past.

I wish you all well and take care of yourself s.

I understand that the entire west coast from especially in the northwest is in some serious trouble from heat and drought.  We are staying in the 70’s here north of Chicago although our area is particularly dry. Today has been the first rain of some use in a long while.  That said most of it seems to be going both north and south of us.  Stay cool everyone.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

My house does not have AC! We have a boiler for in-floor heating. No forced air furnace ducts.  Not a great investment to put AC in this type of house here normally. 

We see 108F in the summer. -15F or so happens in the winter too. Quite the swing. You like 4 seasons? Come on up!

• Haha 1

Buy a cheaper AC setup for the garage wall and move in there for a bit. Bed/s/ coffee maker/ small refrigerator?  Weather is a changing!

DJ

It was 110+ here last week. I drove my 53 every day to work. Mornings were fine but the drive home was a scorcher. Car didn't skip a beat. I do road construction so getting off of the fresh chipseal and sitting in the car with hot air blowing on me was welcome. Keep cool and drink a lot of water!

• Like 1

Get a cheap window AC unit for the bedroom, if they haven't been sold out already.  I have three in the store room, just in case the main HVAC packs it in, had that happen once in the summer. 

108 isn't uncommon here, I live about 90 miles south of Los Control.  I drive my 51 year round.  Having grown up on the shores of Lake Michigan I'll take 108 over -15 any day.

• Like 1

Keith lives in Kamloops, BC. Here’s the forecast for the next ten days. It’s incredibly hot for Canada. 

F2567961-082C-4C58-B5D5-7C14CCB5C8FA.png.89c4db2a3a142267467ec244a087213f.png

I live in the next province over, Alberta. It’s going to be hot here also but 10-15 degrees Fahrenheit cooler. Love my AC at times like this. 

41ED2487-DC45-4106-9EA1-A66F1ABBFE11.png.d9a67ecc2fbd627e4eef723d2ab3a23e.png

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisMinelli said:

Good lord.  If that’s Canada’s forecast I’d hate to be in Washington or Oregon.  

Here’s Tri-Cities in central Washington state. It’s semi desert there and pretty dry. 

23C55C29-362E-4629-9228-2834A67A40EE.png.4316f94faf9de96c97787f89ef7f44df.png

Edited by RobertKB

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

108 isn't uncommon here, I live about 90 miles south of Los Control.

I try not to fart when the wind is blowing south  :P

8 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Here’s Tri-Cities in central Washington state. It’s semi desert there and pretty dry. 

Yeah Kennewick, Finnely is a place I have spent some time ... Along with West Richland ... It does get hot there in the summer, also gets cold in the winter. I sure loved fishing on the river  :)

Wow. Since the beginning of time, have Edmonton ambient air temps ever reached 100F? 

Edited by keithb7

Something I noticed last year and this year. East of the Mississippi is either underwater or flooding or drenched with lots of rain. West of the Mississippi is on fire or burning hot and ready to burst into flames. Since I'm on the east side I keep my scuba tanks full and ready and have attached some empty 55 gallon drums to the RV to go into houseboat mode if the need arises.

That being said, Keith, you might want to look at a mini split AC. easy to install and cost is not to bad. I installed one in my house for about $600 bucks and that was 4 years ago and it works great. My central AC was costing me about $300 to $400 a month to cool the house. The mini split cut that to about $100 to $150 a month.

Joe Lee

• Like 1

Here in the high desert we expect the heat, and the temps to be over 100. BUT, the added bonus being surrounded by fires is unnerving? I have to extend my hand to the 663 Fire Fighters that are risking everything for us here in Sedona and surrounding communities!!! Without them we would surely be up the creek without a paddle. 18 months without rain has made this area a tinderbox. With over 7 million visitors every year mistakes by not using their heads happens, often. This particular fire is from lightening though. Yup, lightening! So, there must have been rain then I hear someone ask? Actually no, the air is SO dry that the rain never reaches the ground. Dangerous situation. Keep cool out there! It is still early in the Season!

DSCN2606.JPG

• Like 1

well weather is not why my car had not peeked out this year....it was more the fact it was locked in by ongoing work beneath the lift and behind it.....got it down off the lift and out into the air yesterday during a musical car session as I jockeyed them in position for their next stages of work....I washed the dust off the Porsche this morning.....dang, you can now tell it is actually a black car.....may, just may attend a upcoming cruise 

It’s only 81 in Sundre AB right now, but getting hotter. We’re just having an ice cream then saddling up for the 180 mile drive to Edmonton, where temps in the 90s await. 

My 1926 Model T (far car) still has the original rad… hood off helps and I’ll probably be OK. 

Buddy’s Model A was vapour licking something fierce yesterday, we hope pulling the hood and insulating the fuel lines will control it. 

4AE10498-771D-4AEF-BAEC-3FB02CB829DC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, ChrisMinelli said:

Good lord.  If that’s Canada’s forecast I’d hate to be in Washington or Oregon.  

108 in my area of Oregon yesterday.

today and tomorrow a little warmer 111 ?

A cool 85 in the shop 

it’s ok until you move at all ?

Edited by Brent B3B

I lied. I backed my ‘38 out of my garage at 5am. I Grabbed a coffee and went for a cruise.  Quiet roads. It was about 73F.  

Today we reached the highest temp ever recorded here in my town. It may climb higher yet. Its 4:09 pm local time. 

3848AC57-87D5-427F-8847-2F0CE59B63F5.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Haha 1