I can't find the right Spindle Nut

Go to solution Solved by desoto1939,

I have a 1938 Dodge RC humpback panel truck.  I've been looking for almost 4 days on line and haven't found the correct size or where to get it.  Can anyone help me with this please?

The spindle measures 3/4.  I don't know the thread count.   Thanks

• Solution

first go to your parts book if you have one. If not then get one becasue this is one of the basic books you will need for your truck.

Look up the part number and send it to me I have a MoPar  basic  nuts and bolts catalog that breaks down the basic parts by their MoPar numbers and then if your part is inthe book I can then determine the nut size and threads.

Rich

Desoto1939@aol.com

I have found some numbers..  For the RC truck the part number is 33208 which, when I look in the "Front wheel bearing nut" section, it doesn't show but in it's place is 575469.  I hope this is enough,  Thanks in advance,

2 hours ago, Dodgefran said:

I have found some numbers..  For the RC truck the part number is 33208 which, when I look in the "Front wheel bearing nut" section, it doesn't show but in it's place is 575469.  I hope this is enough,  Thanks in advance,

I have a Dorman interchange for 33208, see: https://www.ply33.com/Parts/group22#33208

I don’t have an interchange for 575469. Perhaps 575469 superceded 33208. I don’t have very much documentation on when old numbers were replaced by (superceded by) newer parts.

Here is the Dorman page for the nut that I cross to: https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-32738-615-016.aspx

I thank you for your time and trouble.  I really appreciate it.    If you have ever sold your house and got ready to move you can understand my plight.  I can't find anything, and I have to prepare my truck to a rolling chassis to get it on the transport.  It seems that I am moving at the speed of sound in all directions.  

I just ordered the spindle nuts from AutoZone and they should be here in a few days.

Thanks again for your help

Fran

it should be a 3/4-16 thread castle nut.  At least that is what I have on my 40s car and truck rear axles. If it is 3/4 inch dodge used the fine thread for the spindles.

Edited by Veemoney

Thanks Jerry.  I bought two of the $23 ones totally missing that it was a BOX of 5. So now I have 8 extra.  I went back to read the info again and still didn't see the "box" info,  But they fit and now on to the next problem.   

Thanks to you and all the other responses.  Without the info, it would be a long trek to get this done.   Thanks Again.

Fran