Some Mopar Engine Candy For You

keithb7

I estimate that the membership here, like me, might enjoy the look of a fresh clean block. 

I dropped in at the local machine shop today for an update. Regarding my 1938 Plymouth engine. It will be a 25” 237 ci engine. Progress report includes all work complete but crank mains to be cut.

I will pick up everything on Wed evening as it will be complete. Then I can start building it back up. 

Partial list of work includes:

.005 off the head. Block deck was skimmed. Valve grind. Rods checked and true. New valve guides. 228 ci bored over to stock bore 237 ci. New block plugs. New timing sprocket on the crank. Etc etc. 

Getting excited again for this one!

5EEACAA4-C3BA-4332-BFA8-B7190E88321A.jpeg

4843D246-50F2-430F-A53C-65BCAB5AFC9B.jpeg

EBB68D67-D405-4975-8049-EA04ADAC0D5A.jpeg

89D661F7-A5A5-48F6-B667-5673F5AB71C1.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 6

Awesome!  Reminds me of when my Meadowbrook's engine was fresh and clean!  Keith, I'm gonna put my nose where it don't belong.  Consider using Evans Waterless coolant.  It's guaranteed for the life of your engine, even if the car changes ownership.  The inside of my radiator has ZERO rust after 4+ years from the rebuild date.  I'm sure the engine block is the same if I could see inside.