wiper motor removal

john portala

John,

I really do not know for a fact, but here goes: There is a Bracket at the bottom of the Motor that holds it up/in place. Disconnect the Armatures at mid-points/clips.

Disconnect the Switch at the top/Dash. Also any wires that might need disconnecting. I seems to me by looking under the dash at my 1948 Chrysler Royal it would go allot easier if the Radio was removed first. I have removed my Radio for repair in the past and saw the Wiper Motor was much more easy to get to in that fashion.

I understand there are four wires at the Switch. My Service Manual doesn't really cover it properly either. In any case Page 93 is where you may (under Electrical) find some information in the Chrysler Shop Manual 1942-1948, Good Luck, go slow, you can do it.

Tom