Wiper Adapter Woes

wolk625

So this has been a sore subject for the duration of my ownership of my P11...

I bought the car 99.999% complete, with that .001% missing being one of the two itsy bitsy teeny weeny little knurled wiper adapter caps. I at first believed that this would be an easy to source part, but soon realized the disappointment that my wiper armature ends aren't compatible with the vast majority of adapters on the market - I have scoured ebay, oldmoparts conversion kits, classified ads, and haven't seen anything in 6 years that will fit these "flat spade shaft" type of armature ends... At this point I am debating yanking out the original, functional Trico wiper system for something else that has a more common "round shaft" armature ends, which seems ridiculous just to avoid finding one single part but I'm not sure what other route I have forward at this point..

Do any wizards of the mopars of old have any advice on how to obtain the correct fitting version of these, or is it a lost cause and I'm better off switching the arms to something more common?

Thanks in advance,

20210530_121850smaller.jpg

20210530_121924smaller.jpg

Drive car if possible by a local smaller machine shop to get estimate for them to make one.

Probably not the cheap way to go But it will be done.

Last chance but easier and Maybe cheaper than a more complete changeover?

DJ

• 1 month later...