Wax or Sealant?

Booger

The use of wax/polishes will give you that wet look and can work out imperfections (scratches & swirls). Sealants do just that, and usually don't give that deep wet look on their own, but they protect better than wax. It all depends on what you are looking for? Personally I use both wax and sealant, first wax/polish, to get it clean and wet looking. Then seal it. I use Maguires and Wizards products.

• Like 1

Race Glaze polish/sealant. I've been using it for years, even on cars that I just painted and buffed. It still allows your paint to breathe even though it is called a sealant. When I detail cars, I use Meguiars carnuba then Race Glave over it for a final finish. It can be applied with an orbital and soft foam pad but I prefer hand application. Make sure to allow it to dry fully before removing.

Edited by allbizz49
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, allbizz49 said:

Race Glaze polish/sealant. I've been using it for years, even on cars that I just painted and buffed. It still allows your paint to breathe even though it is called a sealant. When I detail cars, I use Meguiars carnuba then Race Glave over it for a final finish. It can be applied with an orbital and soft foam pad but I prefer hand application. Make sure to allow it to dry fully before removing.

Race Glaze. not heard of it. Curious if these new polys work over the top of traditional waxes. but hey thanks all for the info. Whadever you do, dont do it in the hot sun!

If you got good paint Nexgen is great stuff. Easy to apply, makes paint very shiny and slick like F11 but supposes to have 3 times more the ceramics in it. Just spray and wipe. $20-$30 per bottle will do about 20 cars. They advertise 30. Top rated.

Weather using Was, Polish or Sealant on your car there are are some technique to follow.

I attended a Detailing seminar at the AACA Annual meeting several years ago and they had an experienced detailer from Groits Garage presenting how to detail a car.

The first question he asked is if anyone was using kitchen dish soap to wash their car. Some raised their hands.  He informed the group that dish soap is a grease cutter and that any wax, polish that you had put on the car prior to now just washing the car was removed.

Do NOT use dish soap use and car wash product Blue Coral Turtle Wax Shampoo etc. it does not cut the wax. Always use a Microfiber mitt also use a 5 gallon bucket that has the plastic egg crate in the bottom of the bucket so that the direct falls to the bottom and you do not pick it up in the mit when you wash the car.

Always wash the car with the mitt in a linear fashion just like you would be sanding with the grain on a piece of wood, You never wash across the body or sand across the grain onthe wood. This eliminate the scratches.

Same when using a clay bar wit the grain linear movement.

Same when polishing the car linear movements. on every panel. Not the old fashion way of putting on the was, polish in circular fashion, You get swirl marks.

Also a little amount of polish and wax is all that is needed you do not have to put the was or polish on thick. 

Just a few tricks to use on your car and also modern car.

Also remove the little tag on the microfiber polish cloth and also on the microfiber drying towels. These tags will also scratch the paint.

Rich Hartung