Langdon Stovebolt HEI

swiftrev

would probably be a guess on their part also...contact the company you got it from, surely Langdon has this info and once you get that, write it down and place in the glovebox or other safe place you can remember putting it.  I am assuming this is the 4 pin macaroni shaped module you speak of...

Ignition Module For GM Hei 8 & 6 Cylinders All Cars And Trucks 75-88 LX301 (743) | eBay

8 hours ago, swiftrev said:

got it thanks

Or if in the distributor it may be this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1975-76-77-Chevrolet-V6-With-HEI-Distributor-Pick-Up-Coil-Delco-1891209-/264511676524

Or this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/300904242783

In any case there should be some marking on the part that, used in Google, should lead to a source.  If not a Google image search may get you there.

Edited by kencombs

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, but I have to report I do not....the only real reason I am familiar with the GM module in any degree is that it was also used on an Italian sport car of the era as I am assisting a fellow foreign car enthusiast with his ignition on his retrofit project.....I am not a GM fan and it is therefor not a car I go out of my way to work with.  I am not even sure if you are looking for the coil beneath the cap or a later e-coil.

Well, I am converting my spare distributor over to an electronic on, using a slant six electronic distributor as the donor.  I plan to run the generic GM 4 pin ICU and an E-coil.  I bought Delphi branded stuff from Rock Auto for the swap. 

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

Well, I am converting my spare distributor over to an electronic on, using a slant six electronic distributor as the donor.  I plan to run the generic GM 4 pin ICU and an E-coil.  I bought Delphi branded stuff from Rock Auto for the swap. 

Me too!  Just bought the slant six distributor and have a spare 56 to use for the marriage.  I haven't decided to use the stock GM or the multispark unit from MSD or some other aftermarket.  Probably stock, as I tend to be cheap.  What are you planning for the coil?

On 6/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, kencombs said:

What are you planning for the coil?

Well, you know, I just looked at the coil last weekend, but danged if I remember the application or part number...wait, let me consult my EFI spreadsheet.  Well dang, not there. 

Had to go to Rock Auto and look it up.  DELPHI GN10183 various 85-97 Ford products.

The ICU is DELPHI DS10071, various 74-89 GM products.

You know, it's beginning to look like I am resurrecting AMC.

Edited by Sniper

• 2 months later...

I used the optional round coil when I installed the HEI on the 1941 Plymouth 201 engine.......best improvement I ever did, instant starts, improved running............you can't see much but the HEI is there, later silicon leads and the round coil........... opened the plug gap to 45thou................andyd.

IMG_1544.JPG

• Like 1

Besides the OEM modules there are performance after market ones as well. (the key is the 4 connectors)

Then there is the MSD multiple spark boxes that just plug in to give you (I think) it's 6 sparks per firing up to 3,000 rpm.

That pretty much covers the entire rpm range of a street driven flathead 6.

If you are a gadget nut there's a lot of add ons for GM HEI.

• Like 1