new page layout

Plymouthy Adams

I haven’t seen an announcement by GTK and the site looks unchanged to me so I am guessing either your browser cache is messed up or you found some profile setting that doesn’t work properly. Each browser is a bit different, but somehow somewhere there should be a way to clear its cache and reload the site from scratch. I’d start there.

7 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

crisis averted.....I figured I did something.....I now have it back to normal....somehow I toggled the zoom feature and it enlarged to the fact it could not display on a single page...

Hope your pc has RAM enough to handle all these open tabs ;) 

Just now, Plymouthy Adams said:

I use my computer for sure....there are usually no less than 20 and usually closer to 30 open tabs at all times....until I fat fingered and toggled the magnification....all was well....

Magnification or Ctrl + is easier than finding reading glasses. Been there ;)

there is a tiny icon of a magnifying glass with a plus on it....somehow I toggled that and it amplified my page to where it would not display all my headers on the same page....I got icons and stuff I had never seen before....freaked my chicken to say the least.....I tripped all over the website looking for a toggle...nothing....I cleared the cache, I reloaded the browser....I was close to downloading double ought buck onto the thing....it happened as I was toggling from your PM to a PM from the Swedish member..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Haha 1

Sometimes the simplest things can be most difficult. 
i spilled coffee on my  laptop keyboard. Jumped,flipped it over and popped the battery and cleaned and dried it immediately. Guess in my haste i hit a combination of keys that flipped my display sideways. Took a day to figure that one out. 

8 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

crisis averted.....I figured I did something.....I now have it back to normal....somehow I toggled the zoom feature and it enlarged to the fact it could not display on a single page...

I have noticed on my desktop that if you make the browser window small enough it changes to use the mobile device display that you show in your screen shot.

I first thought that with that very look I had somehow toggled it to mobile device....I searched every facet of the forum pages with no luck...then I happened to roll over the magnifier and saw the screen magnification level....tweak it down....I hope not to go through this again...and even more, if I do I hope I can recall the fix....lol  NOTE TO SELF when rolling from one alert to another lift left finger from mouse button....

hey folks, thanks for reading the page and showing concern...I wish to report I still have what little hair I have still in place on my scalp...but it was looking dangerously closer to departing for sure. 

I have parts that still are not here...the shipping departments are not at all up to speed anymore and the trucking companies seem even worse.  So I am in the yard working to gain control of two areas that went wild with weeds and undergrowth this past year.  Hot time to be out there....but it has to get done sometime...

6 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

Sometimes the simplest things can be most difficult. 
i spilled coffee on my  laptop keyboard. Jumped,flipped it over and popped the battery and cleaned and dried it immediately. Guess in my haste i hit a combination of keys that flipped my display sideways. Took a day to figure that one out. 

Lol tried that once. Coffee dried out but by time, milk made it sticky and buttons came off ;)

Computer problems can be challenging & frustrating to figure out. especially strange key combos.

Bad enough when I phat finger something, kinda got a clue . I have a cat that just plops down and lays on the keyboard to get my attention.

Then my wife computer I have to maintain it. What did you do? .... I didn't do anything it just started doing it ... ?

Worse is soda pop on a keyboard. But the fil did spill coffee on mil new laptop and fried it.