Disc Brake Conversion - Bearing Washer Fitment

Gentlemen,

I'm installing Rusty Hope's disc brake kit and having two issues with the bearing washers.  I have the rotors installed and snugged up, then I slide the keyed washer in.  One one side it fits into the rotor, but then seems to bind as I turn the rotor, like the rotor channel (not a mechanic, sorry, not sure what to call that space that the spindle goes through) is not round.  Is the solution simply to grind down the washer so it rotates freely?

Second question- on the other wheel the washer fits in nicely and the rotor turns smoothly.  However, when I tighten the castle nut, it presses the washer into the rotor, which stops the rotor from spinning freely.    Is this an issue with the washer fitment?  Did I install it wrong?  Or do I just not install the nut so tightly?  I can still get the cotter pin in with the nut loose enough on the washer to allow the rotor to turn.  In that case the rotor will wobble slightly if the calipers are not installed.

Suggestions welcome.  ThanksIMG_9259.JPG.f6ffabe18c5ca71d19934b5820cc2b3e.JPG

well sure enough it was operator error.  I had the outer bearing installed inside the rotor itself along with the inner bearing.  taking it out and installing in the correct location let me tighten the nut and washer against the bearing and the rotor moves just fine now.

• Thanks 1