New carpet recommendation Plymouth PJ

rrunnertexas

My 1935 Plymouth could use some new carpet.  A quick search revealed a company "stockinteriors.com" and they list what appears to be a nice custom fit set in multiple colors.

Does anyone have experience with the carpet from them?  Decent set or keep looking?

Thanks!

David

On 5/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, capt den said:

i used jc whitney. decent carpet. are they still in business?   capt den

Have you received them yet? Wondering how they turned out.  My interiors are fine, but need the trunk carpet after having to cut it up looking for bolts and fuel sending unit cap!  I figured I’d just take it to a local auto upholstery shop.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, rrunnertexas said:

My 1935 Plymouth could use some new carpet.  A quick search revealed a company "stockinteriors.com" and they list what appears to be a nice custom fit set in multiple colors.

Does anyone have experience with the carpet from them?  Decent set or keep looking?

Thanks!

David

not great but not bad. Worked for me with small alterations

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2021 at 2:18 PM, James_Douglas said:

works great and is very quiet. But, you need to have an experienced upholsterer use it and it is not cheap. The stuff is from Bill Hirsh and it is a wool hogs hair carpet.

This looks great who made / installed the carpet in your car.

• 4 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 3:33 PM, LrudyD said:

Have you received them yet? Wondering how they turned out.  My interiors are fine, but need the trunk carpet after having to cut it up looking for bolts and fuel sending unit cap!  I figured I’d just take it to a local auto upholstery shop.

so I took a look at JC Whitney and found that they dont go far enough back in years to 1948 for a carpet for my vehicle were you ever able to get one through them or did you go somewhere else?

I got mine from Kanter (https://www.kanter.com/index.aspx).  Call them though because their website is a bit lacking.  Their catalogue (I mean...who uses catalogues anymore, LOL!) is much nicer and has more stuff in it.  I didn't install it yet but I will once it snows and I put her away for the winter.  I'll post pics then.