RIP Tawny Kitaen

MackTheFinger

That's sad......she'll always be part of my 80's experience....."The chick from the White Snake video".....no one could ride a hood quite like she did.

48D

• Haha 1

Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys.

When I think of C&W. I think of 30’s/40’s swing country. Exactly what would have been playing on the AM radio of our old mopars. 

3 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys.

When I think of C&W. I think of 30’s/40’s swing country. Exactly what would have been playing on the AM radio of our old mopars. 

Western Swing ! Great taste. I guess The Maddox Brothers and Rose are not unknown to you :)

These are all personal opinions so please take them as such. When I think of C&W I think of the Rolling Stones. I read an interview with Mick Jagger where he said something to the effect, "I love country music but I can't take it seriously. When we do a country song it's always tongue-in-cheek because country music has always been tongue-in-cheek." I sorta see what he meant. Of course things have changed and popular music now just sucks IMO. Of course it wasn't written with my generation in mind.

I had my first exposure to music through my family, particularly my mother; who played guitar like Mother Maybelle and sang in the "high lonesome" style she learned almost 100 years ago now. I wish I had recorded some of our duets but such is life.. they still play in my head.