attachment file size issue?

ggdad1951

One can always just make a donation as well. 

I have my own personal website and I'll link from there if it's relevant to the thread.  If I find something online that is relevant I'll use the "other media" button in the lower right to "Insert image from URL"  instead.  Sometimes I just upload it from my laptop to here.  Several ways to minimize the file usage here. 

As for limiting off site linking, I don't mind that at all.  What I do mind is when you are going thru an older thread and the pics that were it in are no longer available due to off site hosting issues, such as the aforementioned PB or when someone might change providers and they lost the hosting of the pics. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 2:31 PM, P15-D24 said:

Pretty sure if you upload/organize your photos in the Gallery section they can easily be shared in any thread you want. Let me do a little research to verify and then I will post an example. 

The Gallery feature may have changed a little bit since I opted to try photobucket in 2015.  I had removed pictures in the gallery to clear storage space, but this picture appears to have been corrupted and I cannot find a way to delete it:

when I try to insert the image URL, the window will not accept it and I cannot insert the picture.  My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think this was what I ran into when I decided to go the photobucket route.

What I was going to try to do was upload several reduced resolution pictures into an album and replace the same pictures that I have in my attachment quota.  This would be a preliminary step to organize pictures in the gallery, reduce duplicate pictures in my attachment quota, and remove my photobucket pictures linked on this site in order to get off of photobucket altogether.

I didn’t realize there was an attachment limit. I’ve been a member since 2006 and have posted quite a lot of attachments. Thought I might be near my limit but was pleasantly surprised to find I’m only at 37%. 

Love this forum and appreciate all associated with keeping it running!!

• 2 months later...

Pretty sure if you upload/organize your photos in the Gallery section they can easily be shared in any thread you want. Let me do a little research to verify and then I will post an example. 

I ran into a small problem while cleaning out my pb account and organizing pics in the Gallery.  I have reduced my attachments files while undergoing this reorganization, but now I have run into an album limitation, as the option for creating another album is greyed out with the message that there is a maximum of 10.  I could use 5 more albums to populate, is that possible?

6 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I ran into a small problem while cleaning out my pb account and organizing pics in the Gallery.  I have reduced my attachments files while undergoing this reorganization, but now I have run into an album limitation, as the option for creating another album is greyed out with the message that there is a maximum of 10.  I could use 5 more albums to populate, is that possible?

I bumped the default to 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure if you upload/organize your photos in the Gallery section they can easily be shared in any thread you want. ...

If there is a size limitation in the My Attachments section, is there a similar limitation in the Gallery for albums, pictures, etc?  If so, how do we keep track of memory usage?