Sucsessful Firewall Mounted M/C with booster and clutch on 1946 to 1948 MOPAR ?

James_Douglas

• 3 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

is this an automatic transplant also as the clutch is not shown if still original configuration on the frame or just no longer necessary.    Barely see the top of the loud pedal.

Edited by YukonJack

I was just curious.....as with the swing arm offset to the clutch side and the fact if it was later curved back in to miss the clutch pedal (detail not shown) you would still have interference with the column based solely on the position of the original steering column as it passed through the floor.  I corrected a build such as this and these were the very findings......

I can say that the factory booster on my '49 New Yorker is mounted under the floor below the driver's seat and I'm pretty sure there is a "relief" made into the floor to allow clearance. There is also the matter of plumbing a return line back into the master cylinder, something I haven't fully studied yet. (Neither my old MC or the replacement seem to have any such provisions-the unit was disconnected long ago.) Not sure if the older cars used a different setup?