Anybody ever seen one of these?

chrysler1941

Seen it only in the book...

Wonder how much DOT 3 leaked after some use....wouldn't want to find out...

Looks dangerous to use.

novel enough I guess, tool for every job....long term storage of fluid, I think not being hygroscopic....but if you fill it and use it as needed may protect some carpet if so outfitted.  Back in the day when every car that rolled up was frame mount master, a must for most service bays.  Myself, I would be in and out and finished before I could remember where I put this device since using it last.....AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

• Like 2

Never even heard of one before.

I have one for my truck. It's a mopar accessory and mounts on the firewall and connects to the lid of the master cylinder. Lot easier to fill the master. 

Just now, P15-D24 said:

I have one for my truck. It's a mopar accessory and mounts on the firewall and connects to the lid of the master cylinder. Lot easier to fill the master. 

pics or it never happened.

A old mason jar and a lid mounted on the firewall is not good .

I do know we had external oilers and assume we had external fluid for the brakes ... I hope they were not glass jars.

This is rich Hartung Desoto1939@aol.com.

I do have one of these automatic filler with the original glass jar.

image.thumb.png.36d9cd8577810d366a552360d32aa1c2.png

Automatic MC filler bottle.JPG

Edited by desoto1939
  • Like 1

I like going to auto swap meets,always looking to find needed parts , all the while on the lookout for special tools. While seldom finding exactly what I'm looking for,  generally  don't leave empty handed...The social gathering, and visiting with those I may not have seen in a while is enjoyable...? This is a page scanned from my 1937 Chrysler manual- Special Tools

1315419088_Screenshot(596).png.0dfa62780eab2a08d32f6eb36c2380be.png

I think a couple different versions exist. The one I have is for trucks and is permanently mounted. The idea is the master is set so low this device makes it easy to fill.  It is still boxed in storage so I don't have any pics.

22 minutes ago, P15-D24 said:

I think a couple different versions exist. The one I have is for trucks and is permanently mounted. The idea is the master is set so low this device makes it easy to fill.  It is still boxed in storage so I don't have any pics.

I also have one of these in my other car.  It's a square glass bottle called Vis-A-Brake. 

I'll get a photo soon