Old Davey Air Compressor

maddmaxx1949

Hi all, wondering if any of you out there collect or have any knowledge of old Davey air compressors. got this one from a family friend, and looks to be from the 60's or so. any info would be appreciated. It was got for scrap but I'd really like to justify saving it or giving it to somebody who would. Plus it's only got 1,100 hours on it according the gauge. I do suspect the motor is locked up from sitting.

20210501_150816_resized.jpg

20210501_150725_resized.jpg

20210501_150809_resized.jpg

20210501_150731_resized.jpg

20210501_150813_resized.jpg

20210501_150754_resized.jpg

4 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

May be a Ford Industrial engine. Does it turn over? If it is seized I would worry that it’s the compressor that is seized more so than the engine. 

It does not turn over. I believe I have the compressor clutch disengaged so it should I would think if it was free. I looked up ford industrial engines and I came back with a Hercules? I've never heard of one but thats what it looks like to me.

Continental another industrial engine.