What is this front end?

oconellan

Hi everyone! I have a 48 Plymouth hot rod that belonged to my dad when he passed. I'm trying to sell it for my mom but a couple of interested buyers have asked me what kind of front end it has. I was hoping one of you could tell me ?

Thanks!

20210429_1449322_30.jpg

20210429_132018_30.jpg

That is definately NOT a stock Plymouth front suspension.........ball joints only appeared in Mopar front ends in 1957 with the torsion bars........the front end pictured is from the pics more than likely Chev Nova/Camaro or something along those lines with a front subframe swap........even the pic with the shock inside the coil spring is a giveaway that the front end is not original mopar............a separate outside mounted shock absorber was a feature of stock Plymouth front ends till 1954 AFAIK.............got any more pics of the car?..........andyd  

• Thanks 1

Front steer GM, Camaro, Firebird, or Nova. Good front-ends, they'll go down the road good even smack wore out. Or it could be a full frame swap, too. Dime to a doughnut it's got a small-block Chevy in it, too. Not to everyone's liking but I have no issue with any of it. More pics would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andydodge said:

That is definately NOT a stock Plymouth front suspension.........ball joints only appeared in Mopar front ends in 1957 with the torsion bars........the front end pictured is from the pics more than likely Chev Nova/Camaro or something along those lines with a front subframe swap........even the pic with the shock inside the coil spring is a giveaway that the front end is not original mopar............a separate outside mounted shock absorber was a feature of stock Plymouth front ends till 1954 AFAIK.............got any more pics of the car?..........andyd  

Thank you Andy! Here are a few pics: 

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

Front steer GM, Camaro, Firebird, or Nova. Good front-ends, they'll go down the road good even smack wore out. Or it could be a full frame swap, too. Dime to a doughnut it's got a small-block Chevy in it, too. Not to everyone's liking but I have no issue with any of it. More pics would be nice.

Thank you Mack! You won that bet! Chevy 350. Posted some more pics above.

Edited by oconellan
  • Like 1

Thats a nice Plymouth, I could certainly live with it, hope you have some success selling it and my condolences re your father.........Andy Douglas

• Thanks 1