Triple Pickle '72 Polara

John-T-53

Awesome.  I like the full size MoPars.  My brother had a '78 Plymouth Fury ex NC Highway Patrol car for a few years.  I babysat it Stateside when he PCSed to Germany the second time.  Thing was a beast, had the 440 Police Interceptor.  It would go faster and get there quicker than I cared to drive it (at the time).

My father had a 1969 Chrysler 300 2 door bucket seats am/FM 8 track floor shifter and a 440 engine.  That was in the late 70s .He was a Chrysler  mechanic and always bought trade ins. 

On 5/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, Merle Coggins said:

Oh yeah... We also had a 1970 Chrysler Newport. That’s the vehicle I took my drivers license driving test in. 

I would like to see a kid try to parallel park a boat like that for his driver's license. ?

• Haha 1

"Man, I got times ta kill.......I know, I'll take Dad's ol' Dodge out fer a spin" 

lol.

48D

8 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

I would like to see a kid try to parallel park a boat like that for his driver's license. ?

I got 'er done... Past the test first try in that beast. I did a lot of my "practice" driving in Grandpa's '66 Newport. I think the '70 was about the same size, although it looked bigger. 

16 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

Once and done! At least in these cars you can see all four corners from the driver's seat.....

Edited by John-T-53

9 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I got 'er done... Past the test first try in that beast. I did a lot of my "practice" driving in Grandpa's '66 Newport. I think the '70 was about the same size, although it looked bigger. 

My road test story in the aforementioned '69 Polara:  The road tester had me parallel park behind his New York State issue '68 Fairlane.  Despite all my Dad's instruction (did I mention Dad was a WW II Army Air Corps flight instructor?) I hit the curb backing in.  After the test I went back to the parked Fairlane to see how I screwed up - the SOB parked his car with the passenger side wheels two feet over the curb and onto the sidewalk!  Couple days later the "junior license" came in the mail anyway! Passed first time (as did my Mom and Sister before me - like I said, Dad was a flight instructor!)

• 7 months later...