Rear motor mount bolts

I'm using a '52 truck bellhousing in my '54 C1B6 in order to use a T-5.  These are the mounts that mount on the side of the bellhousing with a bracket and fit another bracket attached to the frame.  In between all of this are rubber pads.  My question:  what size bolts are utilized to hold all of this together.  I have a '54 shop manual but it only has information on the later bellhousing.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

The rear motor mount bolt should be 1/2 7/16" x 3-1/2".

The bellhousing bracket bolts should be 1/2" x 2-1/2" but with a shank long enough to go through the casting and bracket.  I was able to source what I needed from a local bolt supplier, but ya might need to get a longer bolt to get the right shank, may or may not need to trim off excess...or use extra flat washers as spacers.

Edited by JBNeal
revised information

I’m right in the middle of changing out my tired original motor for a fresh rebuild. The rear motor mounts have a piece of tubing joining them which mics out at 0.450” id x 2.500”+/- so I believe the bolt is 7/16”. The larger pad on the top, smaller pad on the bottom with the large washer underneath. My truck is a ‘53 but all the casting dates on the motor and trans are ‘52.

0AD1CF27-78FE-49D2-A663-639A7B51A9E1.jpeg

9844E915-D8CA-48B0-B259-E23E83CC46DB.jpeg

Yep, that bolt should be 7/16"...I only eyeballed the '52 rolling chassis and it has gr.8 bolts in there, which should have been a clue that something was not right...crawled under the '48, '49, '51 and '53, and they all have 7/16" bolts...sorry for the confusion, I'll blame it on the chigger bites in unmentionable places that are slowly driving me nutty ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, The Oil Soup said:

The larger pad on the top, smaller pad on the bottom with the large washer underneath. 

I guess I don't understand where the washer goes.  Underneath what?  Thanks.

Here are all the pieces put together except for the mount on the frame. The tube that runs inside the rubber pads prevents the bolt from over compressing them and allows the nut to cinch the lock washer. I’m not aware of any rubber washer in the assembly.

7CE9E6BE-5429-49A4-B0ED-B3E63BA47E97.jpeg

• Like 1