Master Cylinder Vacuum Booster

4camore

I am thinking of adding either Scarbird, ECI or Rusty Hope disc brakes to my 48 Plymouth. I was planning on adding the ECI dual master cylinder that bolts in the same area as the original master. Does anyone have any experience with that bolt on dual master and is a Vacuum booster needed with the disc brakes. Thanks in advance.

One example from Speedway motors. More are avail. Plus other vendors.

I used the whole setup modified from the junk yard from a full size GM and modified the pedal arm and mount to fit.  Almost all will require the firewall to be reinforced at the mounting points.

Want to watch brake type- drum/disc/ and bore size of master.

9106001_L_7eb0581f-7cfb-4c0c-9e3f-070e02517c20.jpg

I used the Rusty Hope disc conversion and the ECI master cylinder kit on my '41 P12. I don't have a booster on mine, and honestly I really don't think one is needed. The pedal feel is firm but not overly hard. You don't have to stand on it to get a good braking response. I don't think there is enough room to fit a booster without major frame modifications and I did not want to mount the booster and master on the firewall. 

I have purchased the master cylinder and disc brake conversions from ECI for my Windsor. Kits look very well made and I spent around 1/2 hour with Mark (owner of ECI) to make sure all my questions were answered and got an invitation to call back with any more. I found them through this post here. I will start a post while doing the job.

https://p15-d24.com/topic/54615-mc-kit-for-46-49-dodgeplymouth/

I will be doing a dual conversion on the '48 Desoto later in the year.  I will use the modified version of the ECI kit as used by Don Coatney and James Curl. You should look up their old threads.

What I am going to do is a variation of what I did on my '49. I will use the dual MC under the floor with a firewall mounted remote fill and I am going to use the SSB Dual power remote booster which will fit under the car near the MC. Basically like Chrysler used in 1951.