10th Annual International Work On Your Truck Day!!!

10 minutes ago, Frank Elder said:

Frankie never showed me how to work this form I am his wife Esmey; 

Please let everyone now that my husband passed away 11/20/21

Really sorry for yours & our loss.

I wonder if it would be fitting for a mod to move this and create it's own thread, I think it may be more appropriate and get the respect it deserves?

Edited by Los_Control
  • Like 1

Esmey, very sorry to hear Frank passed.  I knew he was not feeling his best at the time.  I was concern this may be the case and have tried to contact you to ask and all the contact phone numbers were no longer valid.  I asked the wife to try to contact you on your facebook but am sure you did not recognize her, and a request does not allow an introduction for some unknown reason on facebook to let you know it was myself inquiring of Frank and yourself.   

Tim Adams

• Like 1

I am so sorry.....you have my condolences. 

Frank always made me laugh with some of his posts.

Tim aka 48Dodger

for the record, when is IWOYTD #11 scheduled for 2022....I just got the fender back on the 03 after banging out a dent after a bit of playing Captain Crunch...but...I am almost ready to open the shop back up now that I have about tamed the yard.  Might be an official kick-off day for me.   

Sorry I can't move individual posts.  if I move one, the whole thread relocates.

Sorry to hear about Frank  :(

KK as usual am a bit confused here. I never really knew what day it was or how we knew when it was coming.

I just kinda relied on forum threads to bring it up.

So yesterday I looked back a few years to see if I could find what the official day for IWOYTD, Year 5 I found this

So I have to ask, is it the first Saturday of May or the 2nd? A post from @Brent B3B

hope it is OK, I would like to remind everyone (on behalf of our IWOYTD host (48dodger))  this coming Saturday .....MAY 7TH 2016 - IWOYTD #5 !!!!!!!!!!!

to quote the past "rules"

The official day is the first Saturday of May.

"Its a day like no other day....a day in which pro-crash-tin-nation has decided to stay home!" 

Get your wrenches out ....the good weather is coming.....time to make it roll without the neighbors pushin it! Power to the toolbox! Its a day we all make all stand together as one, and show everyone, that:

"We love our old Trucks!!"  :lol:

The 5 rules:

1. Work on your truck....looking at it counts, writing "wash me' on it counts, washing, dusting it, kicking the rubber ALL counts!

2. Report what you did....and be honest, cuz its all good.

3. Post a picture of what you did....again, fresh finger prints count.

4. Explain what inspires you the most about your truck, how you got it....it was your dad's, it was your uncle's, brother's, you found it......

5. Try to share your days experience as soon as you can.....!!!

Have a great week leading up to May 7th!!!! and if you can, do something for Mom involving the truck! :)  

• Like 1

And why the date matters. I want to say that IWOYTD has been successful going on 11 years. Something that is just fun, but really does have a positive effect to give motivation.

It motivated me to get my wife caravan off the jack stands and put it in it's parking spot.

She asked why? It Is IWOYTD this Saturday, I need to get ready ... she gave me the ? & walked away.  ?

More important, I have lately been visiting Allpar forum because of the wife caravan, is a good place to learn about the newer mopar vehicles.

And I thought, I wonder if it would be cool for the P15-D24 forum & Allpar forum to have a IWOYTD together?

Just imagine all the Dodge Trucks getting work done on the same day .... All the other non mopar trucks will be jealous. ?

Lets be honest, I got several likes but nobody jumping in to contribute ... May go nowhere. May take some contribution the first year then grow the 2nd.

Whats the official date? I advertised it as the first Saturday of May, then today am told it is the 2nd Saturday?

• Like 1

Lol, I don’t see the problem. Tell your wife it is this Saturday and then next week explain you misunderstood and work on the truck next weekend also ? (and Julie, if you’re reading this, I’ve never done that ?)

In my opinion, when it comes down to it, like the BBQ, 48d picks the weekend (and like cattle, I just follow) 

have fun LC! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Brent B3B said:

Lol, I don’t see the problem. Tell your wife it is this Saturday and then next week explain you misunderstood and work on the truck next weekend also ? (and Julie, if you’re reading this, I’ve never done that ?)

In my opinion, when it comes down to it, like the BBQ, 48d picks the weekend (and like cattle, I just follow) 

have fun LC! 

I have to agree with you about the wife, My first thought is to not to tell her I was wrong on the date. ?

If there is no specific date for next year .... you kids have fun, I just may back out of that one. or this one. I thought there was a specific date set ...

Like a Birthday or a wedding Anniversary,  A date has value .... If no date is set then it really is for ****'s & giggles. Lots of fun but no value.

What I hear is

Yeah I can't do that.

Well, Dodger did first establish the work day and thus it falls on him to tell us what date it falls on....or suffer the fallout from the forum.....by now I have fell from grace on this thread.  I refuse to stand in the corner...I will go unload the metal I just bought though....!

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Well, Dodger did first establish the work day and thus it falls on him to tell us what date it falls on....or suffer the fallout from the forum.....by now I have fell from grace on this thread.  I refuse to stand in the corner...I will go unload the metal I just bought though....!

Yes I  have to agree 100% I support it totally. I just feel like a fool for inviting anther forum to join along on the first Saturday of May.

Not the first time I have been proven a fool   :D

Honestly I was going to work on my wife car, I really decided it is going to get a $2k+ rebuilt engine .... not another used engine.

It's not going to happen this month because I have Bi-annual car insurance, property tax, a cat that needs neutered. Not spending money on the car this month, while my truck I already have the pieces & just needs installed. .... So this month the Dodge truck was going to get worked on anyways.

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

If I remember correctly the first one was earlier in the year and us Midwest guys got him to push it back 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I vote for a bonus day this year..everyone is right then!

spoken like a true procrastinator...like so many things in life involving many folks, keep the options to a minimum and control will remain maximum...if given an alternate day, folks will put in off till then and then say, oops I forgot...got busy or just flat out fart it off altogether.  One day, one mission, one big happy family...!  So get your parts and tools lined up and let the big dog off the chain....if hungry, he will eat. 

• Haha 1

I've got plans for the 14th so I'm going to try and observe IWOYTD today. Turkey truck has lost spark since the water in the gas tank incident. Probably too much running on 12v....

• Like 1

I would bet a number of folks will have plans for that day only the wife has not informed them of that yet....lol    But seriously I know what you mean and to observe the day by making a special attempt to do something is the spirit of the event and posting your accomplishments a bit later as credit for participation works well for me.  It is the mere fact you have purposely set aside a day and have taken part is what counts the most.  I have only two events marked on the calendar for May, my eye appointment and the grandson's birthday.  The cruise in is this evening and I may attend....but that is never an event I just have to make...Odds are I will do maybe 2 or 3 a year.

It's akin to voting early...just be a part of it all.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

If I owe a apology for my reaction the IWOYTD, the forum certainly has my apology.

I was just totally confused ... International Work On Your Truck DAY

Awesome I'm all in, what DAY is it? I honestly was scratching my head from the answer.

So I was dealing with instant embarrassment by reporting it as the first Saturday of the month in another forum.

As it stands I can not even go back and say I misunderstood, it is actually the 2nd Saturday. .... 100% my fault for not understanding the rules of the game.

It's all cool with me, I'm retired I can choose any day. 14th actually works better for me this year.

Because of a few different reasons my project has been stalled. A main reason is because I did not have a plan.

I never knew how I was going to lift the bed off, work on it, still work on the truck while the bed was off. .... I HAVE A PLAN!

I just thank the stars above my wife engine blew, now I have a engine crane to lift the bed ....  Yesterday I removed our outdoor clothes line ... good riddance tired of trying to mow around it. Wife never used it, I used it to hang fenders off of and paint.  Now it is being re-purposed into stands that the bed will sit on while I work on it.

Just hoping next week I have the stands welded together .... Eh who cares if finished on that date or not. \o/.

• Like 2

I wanted to play next Saturday in the IWOYTD but I’m driving from ABQ to Milwaukee then...so I had to cheat and pretend today is next week. Hope I’m not cursed but I really wanted to hang the running boards and be part of the gang.   And they look swell.  And I love my truck with the big ass bulbous fenders.  And how did it come to be I love this truck ?  I was with a friend looking for parts for his newly inherited ‘56 ford fairlane in a wrecking yard late in 1973 when in the corner was a truck like mine. Ding ding ding. Fell in love with those big ass bulbous fenders and bashed grill and had to have one since my mom made me sell my ‘48 3/4 ton which btw I also really loved that truck. I dig on double clutching.  

683D345F-7480-4328-885D-B2365C8CBF90.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 8:27 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

spoken like a true procrastinator...like so many things in life involving many folks, keep the options to a minimum and control will remain maximum...if given an alternate day, folks will put in off till then and then say, oops I forgot...got busy or just flat out fart it off altogether.  One day, one mission, one big happy family...!  So get your parts and tools lined up and let the big dog off the chain....if hungry, he will eat. 

actually in the past, we've allowed work on your truck on alternate days due to conflict, so raspberries to you!

thank  you....lol....Yound Ed explained that a bit earlier and well understood that not all can make the same day...but enjoy the same event just the same was my reply.

getting out there is the main goal.....enjoy your day/your chosen task...I am still on track with my proposed event...task may well change though but will do something...as dad would say, win or lose, be a good sport.