1950 coronet coolant/oil temp locations

snowe

Mmmm, there is no oil temp gauge, there is and oil pressure gauge though, but it's not electrical, it is mechanical and so is the water temp gauge. 

Assuming stock gauges of course.

Here is a pic of a 50 Coronet engine compartment, the trapezoidal rubber grommet int he upper right quadrant of the picture is where those tubes pass thru the firewall.  The one with thewire wrap on it is the temp gauge capillary tube, it screws into the driver's side of the head near the back.  the oil tub will screw into the block almost directly below that and between the starter and block.

157713_Engine_Web.jpg

thanks for the picture, i guess i can snip those wires out of the wiring harness i got for it , i do have stock gauges and i have those tubes running through my engine bay, i just didn't know what they were for, i am a little lost when it comes to this kind of stuff, so thank you for the help

16 hours ago, squirebill said:

Could the wires in the harness be for the lights within the gages and part of the under-dash wiring?

If they are they should have sockets attached on the ends, with bulbs, that would be inserted into the gauges