D-24 Frame serial number

Conn47D24

A little help please finding the number stamped on to my frame.

Researching here led me to find this number stamped almost directly at the top of the arch, of the rear driver side wheel frame.

I was expecting my serial number or the engine number and this is what I found.

I'm chiselling off old undercoating.

Any direction here on which way I should go looking for more numbers front, or back of this set ?

IMG_20210423_114658.jpg

On my 1948 D24 the original engine number is stamped on the frame on the outside of the frame, just ahead of the driver side wheel arch; not on top of the frame.  The serial number is stamped on a plate riveted to the driver side door jamb. 

• Like 1

That number as shown is the factory part # of that side frame (L) piece. Is not the serial #.  Saw the same type of #'s on two 50-51 Plymouths that I needed to do some repair/replace a section due to accident damage.  the serial #'s were in the same general area and are Hand stamped and very much harder to read.

DJ

• Thanks 1

As manufactured serial as in frame #  and engine # were the same per memory. My car is registered by body tag # (Briggs) in Calif. for some reason. So the original motor #  (gone ) and frame # neither matched. Door tag # does not match the Title.  How some previous owner did this unknown to me, somewhat scary about cars history but have owned for  8 years, So??  ?

Want to buy this 50 4 dr. Plymouth?  ?

DJ

• Like 1

On my 47 Plymouth, the serial number/engine number is on the outside side of the frame about 6 inches in front of the gas filler

neck.   It begins with P15 (for the model of Plymouth) followed by some additional numbers.  There is usually some paint and/or

rust covering the numbers so you will need to do some sanding or wire brushing.   Here is a picture of my frame....hope it is

helpful.

DSC02069.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

DSC02073.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Thanks 1

Removed enough under Coating and paint to find my original engine #.

Thanks all for help and photos. 

My  car had original engine swapped out by PO so I was interested to see what this number was. 

Disappointed that I couldn't find also a stamped serial number on the frame to match the door frame tag.

IMG_20210424_141903.jpg