Valve Adjustment Help

Noah H

Hello, 

I am going to adjust the valves running on my 1950 dodge car engine. It is a 230 and has been overhauled about 15,000 miles ago. The valves have became pretty chattery when hot. I would like to adjust them.

I have lended my manual to my friend but I would need reassurance before I preform the procedure .008 intake and .010 exhaust?

Is adjusting them a lengthy process? 

Thank you! 

You Tube also has an excellent video under Industrial Engine Flat Head Valve Adjustment.

Shows it Cold First. I set mine Cold. Warm it up and Set em again Hot if necessary.

Trying to do it with the Engine running is enough to knock you out. Check em Hot and Running!

Tom

Edited by Tom Skinner

Note glove use in the video. They will be required to use for the running, hot adjusting.  . Don't ask for testimony!!  ?

DJ

DJ

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, sidevalvepete said:

Check out forum member Keithb7's well put together you tube clip on this subject

i believe he has one on his chrysler thats more detailed some reason i cant find on channel

Edited by 50net