Dizzi cap #1 spark plug wire 7 o'clock position?

@Plymouthy Adams  I want to apologize, I was to quick and didn't take time to download the upside down photo, which clearly is from a official Plymouth manual. Difficult to read but it states the 7 position. This must have been done sometimes in the 1950s as there is no mention of it in earlier manuals. I wanted proof and you delivered. ☺️

I do hope moderator will not lock this thread. Thank you.

• Like 1

I do not have a distributor laying about that is for that era or what they calling late....for sure the picture is a different points plate that shown in my Plymouth book.    Now the only difference per my documents is the later model did change to the 1AT as opposed to the earlier units of DeSoto running 1GS  This change was per my book in Plymouth with 1GS in 49 and 1AT in 50 with some reference to a 50 could have the 1GS yet.  The other three did similar year changes but they also had a few different model distributors in the earlier models.  What is the distributor number if you know?  May tell a bit more as to what is going on.  Could this have been changed over the years.  In the US and on this forum we stress using the distributor number for parts over year and make for this very co-mingling of parts since new.