Original MoPar Batteries 1929-42 from MoPar sales Literature

desoto1939

I saw a post this morning about someone posting a question regarding if MoPar had an original Battery.

I just purchase an original All MoPar Battery catlog that covers from 1929-42 and it is in color.

Have postes some pictures of the correct MoPar battery.  i have never seen any of these for sale or even in any cars But if you are point judging then this is what should be in your car or truck.

Rich Hartung   desoto1939@aol.com

image.png.7a79be40d4aec0d2e2388fffe0392943.pngimage.png.752198c0fe809b59d0ae3fa9181579d2.png

image.png.97ee4cdf1590b0a6aae6590e2d952d25.png

This article from Hemmings, re. Original Chrysler Batteries may be of interest...

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/original-chrysler-batteries

Edited by T120

Back in the 80s, I coresponded with a man in WI who was selling out a closed Chrysler dealership.  I bought Miller tools, filmstrip kits, etc.  I also bought a large metal sign advertising MoPar batteries.  It was about 4 feet tall and about 20" wide.  It was NOS and still in wrapping papers.  I paid about $25 for it.  About ten years ago, I put it on Ebay for $99 and it was bid up to over $1300!  I've never seen another MoPar sign like that.  The colors were brown and yellow and the battery shown was 6 volt.  I don't know the year of the sign, but I would guess 1940s.  I just checked Ebay and they are now selling a smaller repro version of the original sign I sold.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-MOPAR-Batteries-Sign-Great-Graphics-Color-and-Shine-Heavy/194047777241?hash=item2d2e2619d9:g:YpkAAOSwSzpbPWGS

Edited by MarcDeSoto
  • Like 1

Along with what  Marc just said, at one time several years ago I purchased a MoPar battery adhesive sign to stick on the battery....but now I don't

recall from whom I got it.  Has anyone checked with Neil Riddle to see if he has that item?   Seaplym on eBay.    He has had various signs and tags

that were used on our cars in the 40s and 50s.  The last one I got from him was a hanging tag about the radio.   He is easy to talk to. 

This may get you to him.. or his ebay ad........https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1940-1950-Mopar-Radio-Tag-Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-Imperial-Truck-Desoto/313439571306?hash=item48fa744d6a:g:nyMAAOSw1DtXLi4G

Edited by BobT-47P15

On 4/18/2021 at 5:54 PM, desoto1939 said:

I saw a post this morning about someone posting a question regarding if MoPar had an original Battery.

I just purchase an original All MoPar Battery catlog that covers from 1929-42 and it is in color.

Have postes some pictures of the correct MoPar battery.  i have never seen any of these for sale or even in any cars But if you are point judging then this is what should be in your car or truck.

Rich Hartung   desoto1939@aol.com

image.png.7a79be40d4aec0d2e2388fffe0392943.pngimage.png.752198c0fe809b59d0ae3fa9181579d2.png

image.png.97ee4cdf1590b0a6aae6590e2d952d25.png

This chart is very interesting. The 5E battery is most oddly shaped given our modern perceptions of nominal battery shape and size. Looks like Pontiacs, Packards, and Oldsmobiles used them. 

@chrysler1941According to this dealer poster, and dealers never stretch the truth, Dodge 1/2 ton trucks were sporting #1's or #3a's. Looking forward to your reproduction.