Spark plugs 1940 Roadking

Jayden S

what sparkplug did you use?  What is the gap that you set p on each plug. Are the wires connected correctly for each plugs and by this I mean the firing order s number one on the cap is going to number 1 plugs.

Did you chnage anything elase while doing a tuneup or just the plugs?  You should just snug up the plugs.

We all need more info

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

5 minutes ago, desoto1939 said:

what sparkplug did you use?  What is the gap that you set p on each plug. Are the wires connected correctly for each plugs and by this I mean the firing order s number one on the cap is going to number 1 plugs.

Did you chnage anything elase while doing a tuneup or just the plugs?  You should just snug up the plugs.

We all need more info

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

NGL spark plugs. The gap is 0.025. I ran the wires back exactly to how they were on the old ones. I changed nothing else while doing this.

2 minutes ago, Jayden S said:

NGL spark plugs. The gap is 0.025. I ran the wires back exactly to how they were on the old ones. I changed nothing else while doing this.

Which NGL sparkplug number hope 14 mm with a 3/8 reach. Are there a riesister type plug? If resiter might have to gap at 30.

What was the plugs that had been in the car?

Are you getting spark at any of the plugs. remove a plug wire from the plug and have someone try to start the car and verify that at least you are getting a park at the end of the wire.

Rich

1 hour ago, desoto1939 said:

Which NGL sparkplug number hope 14 mm with a 3/8 reach. Are there a riesister type plug? If resiter might have to gap at 30.

What was the plugs that had been in the car?

Are you getting spark at any of the plugs. remove a plug wire from the plug and have someone try to start the car and verify that at least you are getting a park at the end of the wire.

Rich

Do you happen to know the correct firing order? An accurate diagram 

Easy to remember for a bloke,

15 (too young) 36 (too old) 24 (just right)

36 minutes ago, maok said:

Easy to remember for a bloke,

15 (too young) 36 (too old) 24 (just right)

But you need to have the cap and dizzy setup so that is the order that they fire. If you have the wires in an incorrect hole then everything is off. So you have to know where the number 1 hole is in the dizzy cap and then go from that point.

Rich

Edited by desoto1939