vehicle identification..

Plymouthy Adams

I am in need of identification of this vehicle....I am not sure if this is a stock setup for lighting or an aftermarket....I am so interested in the lighting set up for a special project car I am gathering parts for.....anyone know this, know if stock or at minimum identify the source of the lights buckets and bezels....the bezels look application specific....not the generic motorcycle clip on trim.....thanks so much for your time...

1140-remember-when-cars-had-these-round-headlights.imgcache.revf66fc5630e86b9395b570871d7c4ad94.web.jpg

the 4 headlight system did not come about till 1958 and the 52-53 Cad would make them 7"  bezels.  The pictured vehicle is custom...as to the make...thinking later 58 forward Dodge truck...with the actual 2 in 1 taller bezel removed and possibly motorcycle dress bezels added which would display as shown with the headlight protruding as far from the panel that it is.  The bucket of that vehicle also I think like many of the early 4 headlight Mopar bolt flush to the headlight panel with smaller opening for the back of the bulb and pigtail to come through.  Ford may have been flush, not sure Chebbie as I have zero interest in them.  It's a Tim thing....no offense to those that own them!!   The grille however is throwing me a curve as that is not stock Dodge look but again could be customized also as detailed by the pinstriping artistic touch.   I say it screams custom, just what vehicle is the base model....

I apologized that so little of the hood and fender is seen here.....GM used a brow, Ford and Mercury trucks used a cutaway with raised brow so to speak, Studebaker still had single and Int'l had verticals...Dodge was straight line hood yet.  I could only find this one pic to show what I want to look like...I will be adding these lights to compliment a set of 7" standards on a small Brit car I have here.  I have zero heartburn cutting a panel...just want the right parts to start with.  Bad part is I cannot locate any information on the lighting of the car I want to imitate.  As the look I want is explained, anyone having ideas as to how to reach that goal, I will investigate your every suggestion.  Thanks for your help

now that is looking at detail....I got a set of E code Hellas H4's not long back.....Netherlands I think their application.

This is the car I have, the two tone dinge-mobile.....the lighting as it is.....and the the other car is what I want to look like as far as light arrangements....yes one would think they could find parts and info on the Princess/Vandem Plas....but I have struck out there also.  The Princess is a nice high line car in trim...but two too many doors.  Will stick with the 2 door saloons.  And yes, the dorko hood pins are gone as is the damaged hood....my parking light will upgrade to the Euro clear/yellow lens for park and turn.  Trying to get a clean looking install of a fully adjustable 5 3/4 sealed beam.

with thanks to the Lemon Pipers...   

Drop your silver in my tambourine
Help a poor man fill a pretty dream

1965_Vanden_Plas_Princess_1100_Green_Keith_H_000.jpg

100_0661.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

As I stated in post three I felt the bezels were after market motorcycle and they are very much yet available at a decent price....but they fit so well on the headlight bucket I wanted to identify that light fixture/mount in particular.   I got a message from the Brit site stating originals were Lucas Ranger fixtures....will run this to ground also.  Right now, supper, bit of coffee and back to my acid work on the van box.....almost completed the inside work and will get it dried, wiped, sanded, wiped again and in primer.  This box will take a good week at minimum on the inside alone.