Rocker frame pictures diagram help

bartenderfloyd

My floors and rockers are pretty rough.  I ordered floors from the Plymouth Doctor.  They should be in soon.  I figured that when they came in I would have a better idea on how to frame the floor, including rocker position.  I have the service manual and the parts manual.  Neither of them give a good picture of what the frame under the front seat and rocker is supposed to look like.  All the book shows is the main frame and body supports.  I saw a few pics here regarding rocker repair but they were few.  Does anyone have a drawing or diagram, or pics even of how the frame is supposed to look before the floor boards go down? 

20210413_133538.jpg

Bartenderfloyd, I've been running into this as well with mine. I have absolutely nothing to go off of as my floors look much like yours. I do know that the floor, rocker and sill all sit on top of each other along a flat lip. Outside of the floor pan, inside of the sill and inside rocker if that makes sense. The braces go over the body mounts but I also have not a clue how they tie into the inner rocker. If someone had a picture of the underside of the car it would be good.

38 minutes ago, maddmaxx1949 said:

Bartenderfloyd, I've been running into this as well with mine. I have absolutely nothing to go off of as my floors look much like yours. I do know that the floor, rocker and sill all sit on top of each other along a flat lip. Outside of the floor pan, inside of the sill and inside rocker if that makes sense. The braces go over the body mounts but I also have not a clue how they tie into the inner rocker. If someone had a picture of the underside of the car it would be good.

Yes! An underside shot would be very helpful. I was hoping someone did a frame off resto and would show off their frame pics before the body was installed.

Edited by bartenderfloyd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bartenderfloyd said:

Yes! An underside shot would be very helpful. I was hoping someone did a frame off resto and would show off their frame pics before the body was installed.

I'll try and crawl under one of my cars in better shape and snap some photos. I have a 51 dodge I can check but they might be in bad shape as well. I'll try and snag them tomorrow morining

On 4/16/2021 at 5:23 PM, bartenderfloyd said:

Yes! An underside shot would be very helpful...

Here are some "through-floor" photos of the body and rocker supports at the driver's front door of my 1947 D25 (same as P15). Third photo is passenger side. These might be helpful, particularly the last one looking forward from underneath, driver's side. 

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Check out this.  Nick has been building his Plymouth for a couple of years and there are many pictures with the body off the frame.  It will take some time but you will probably be able to find the pictures you are looking for.

I only needed to replace a few pieces in the inner rockers and the actual floor - none of the actual structure had more than surface rust.  (Oklahoma car, stored inside now since I purchased it in March of 1980.)  I would need to raise the car in order to get usable pictures, and also figured you would want measurements.  But mine is also a P15, and you will need to see info from a later model to be really reliable.  I might be able to find (or get) some photos of my brother's 49, but it's a DeSoto.  (He had the body on its side to weld up the floor patches, and I think I recall having seen a picture of that.  This was all from back in 1980 or so.)