Spring Carlise April 21-25 Anyone going to be attending?

desoto1939

Hey just a big reminder that Spring Carlise is schedule for next week starting April 21 -25.

Lets hope that there are more venders this time as compared to the rescheduled event from last year.

I am planning to go either Wed the 21st or Thursday the 22nd.

If you are planning to go please reply and list the dates

If you are there call my cellphone number and maybe we can meetup at some spot inside.  I think ed Speigel MoPar vendor is scheduled to attended.

Rich HArtung

cell 484-431-8157

Desoto1939@aol.com

Extended weather for next week. Wed 50% chance of rain rest of week looks to be good. So I might be going on Thursday.

I will put in an update after I come home. to let everyone know if there was a good amount of venders or not.

Mark, this has to be about a 6-9 hr drive for you.  Its about 2-2.5 for me.

Hershey is also close to me and that about 1.5.  I do have a site at Hershey every year so if you come down stop by I am in the Orange field OAD7&8

Row AD site 7 and 8.

Rich Hartung

Rich Hartung

Hey Rich, 6 hours drive. Buddy and I will come most of the way Friday and find a room for the night. Drive the final hour in the morning. Will make sure I find you to say hello.

from talking to a friend, the rescheduling has disrupted the 'circuit' so to speak as the meets were timed and spread out to where the venders would make a loop, sell their goods and be back home with little displacement as possible.  The venders have per my source stated that the cost to hit the random shows is a spider pattern now and costly.  Hope the show is a success however and venders do show.  The latest show I attended had at best three commercial type venders set up and as such my supplies of sundries are exhausted and or extremely limited.  Other aspects of the event made it very much less than a success.   Two scenarios were discussed, first the lack of events due to cancellations would make this a great opportunity to attend and buy...sadly the second scenario put the seller in what I will say greed mode and their prices for a swap meet were off the chart.   Too many were pulling out their cell phone to check e-bay before even quoting a price.   First show I have been to where there were no folks walking about with purchases being carried or toted behind them in a wagon/cart.  Sadly, I do not think I will return to the event anytime soon.  

Just traveling the Pennsylvania Turnpike to which the tolls are now the most expensive road in this country is enough to turn me away. Both Hershey and Carlisle over the past decade have gone towards your typical Mustang, Chevelle, Beenie Babies, and Shadow Statue meets. Sure, Hershey still amazes me with how the Packard Vendors seem to all keep together, and some vendors that sell such off the wall rare parts from cars that I kind of remember, but if you are looking for 80 year old MoPar stuff, stay home and keep dry.....