1948 P15 Battery tray dimensions

Cudan

Hi,

My p15 project came without a battery tray,  I want to make a replica of sheet metal but I can not find in my manual the dimensions of the bottum part.

Perhaps some  can measure it, length and width and also the maximum hight for the battery when stage tray is installed.

Dan

Hi Cudan

where is original batt box located? Mine was originally located under the driver’s position seating area. Since I only use AGM batteries now, I have changed the location to the trunk behind the passenger side interior trunk access hatch. These do not off gas making it possible to mount the battery in a safer spot since the original box under the seat did not provide a great deal of protection in my case. I also equipped the battery box with a keyed switch to disconnect power and add another level of security. Pic below used in another thread illustrates this.

A5FD68B8-11D2-4EE2-9E4C-B828DE2AE22D.jpeg

21 hours ago, Cannuck said:

The battery tray is 7.5 x15 inches and it is on the driver side inner fender on my car .

Thanks Cannuck for measuring, and yes I made a mistake ? the battery tray belongs on the driversside in my p15.

Because I want to order a battery which fits in the tray and only need to know the max possible height of the battery when it is on the tray.

Dan

AFAIK the battery location was the same whether LHD or RHD, certainly my 1940 RHD Dodge had the battery under the US drivers side or Oz passenger side of the seat and the 1941 Plymouth had the battery on the US drivers side of the engine compartment, beside the radiator/generator........you can just see the battery terminal in this old pic, car was sold so this is the only pic I have showing the battery........andyd  

IMG_1544.JPG