Semi Automatic Shifter Adjustment

cheesy

Gents, I'm going to be replacing the very worn out 953137 bellcrank on my 48 DeSoto semi auto transmission with an NOS bellcrank. I've gone through my well used Service manual looking for the adjustment procedure and all I am really finding is the procedure for the 3 speed manual transmission. The linkage appears the same on both transmissions but I'm not sure the manual and semi automatic adjustment are the same.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

13 hours ago, cheesy said:

Gents, I'm going to be replacing the very worn out 953137 bellcrank on my 48 DeSoto semi auto transmission with an NOS bellcrank. I've gone through my well used Service manual looking for the adjustment procedure and all I am really finding is the procedure for the 3 speed manual transmission. The linkage appears the same on both transmissions but I'm not sure the manual and semi automatic adjustment are the same.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes pretty much the same.

There isn't really much to adjust.

In my case i changed neutral position of shift lever from 3 o'clock to 2 o'clock because of my knees.

2 hours ago, chrysler1941 said:

Yes pretty much the same.

There isn't really much to adjust.

In my case i changed neutral position of shift lever from 3 o'clock to 2 o'clock because of my knees.

Thank you.