Batterij q

Cudan

I believe the group one is the standard. Cca run from625 to 750.  Look at your local farm supply store or check your area for an interstate or other makers warehouse.  I just got a predictor by deka with 725 cca last year for S79.00.  They even installed it cleaned the clamps. The guy who put mine in needed to be told it was positive ground, but the did remove the ground strap the wire brush the cable end an the bolt it attaches to.

Get a group 2

I use Optima in my Chevvy 6v system. If you can,  get an Odyssy 6v AGM which is used by the military. I have owned a 12v version for 15 years/ winters and it cranks out power like day one.  Well worth the extra cost since they have approximately a 20 yr service life. I would say that the Odyssy will outlast the Optima. PS the AGM batts do not off gas since they are a very rugged sealed unit. They are also not sensitive to mounting angle. I replace everything with an AGM when required.

Edited by Marcel Backs
More info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marcel Backs said:

I use Optima in my Chevvy 6v system. If you can,  get an Odyssy 6v AGM which is used by the military. I have owned a 12v version for 15 years/ winters and it cranks out power like day one.  Well worth the extra cost since they have approximately a 20 yr service life. I would say that the Odyssy will outlast the Optima. PS the AGM batts do not off gas since they are a very rugged sealed unit. They are also not sensitive to mounting angle. I replace everything with an AGM when required.

Agree, the Optima is a beast. Have one in my 39 Cadillac. but it mounts under the floor and hidden. 

My Chrysler's battery is exposed so I have an old type with outer lead connectors.

107B-500x500.jpg

My 1940 D14 battery’s stock location is under the seat right below the driver’s position. The engineer who came up with that idea probably went to work for furd.  I will be mounting my battery in a heavy plastic battery box bolted to the trunk floor behind the passenger side access hatch. I have also equipped the battery box with a keyed switch as an extra level of protection.  This set up uses an Optima batt. The battery under the seat cushion thing just seemed illogical for several reasons. M