How to adjust trunk lid on 1941 Plymouth Coupe

Oilslick

Check this Moper repair info out.

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/025/page24.htm

Hope this gives some help, and also see the many books that the imperialclub.com has!

DJ

After further inspection I see that the trunk lid is actually sitting above the edge of the trunk opening at the upper left corner of lid.  Alignment is okay, just sits to high on the upper left corner of trunk lid above the body line by about 1/2” or more.  Could a shim be placed on the hinge part that connects to the body, not the lid.  Thought maybe if I shined it there it would pull the corner of the lid down closer to the body.  Hinges do not have the springs on them. 

If your 41 is anything like my 40 dodge coupe your trunk lid is held up by two spring loaded hinged prop rods. Shimming you’re hinge as you noted may draw the lid down enough to sit level. Due to the lid’s size and weight, alignment of this panel is a challenge to accomplish single handedly. If your trunk props are missing, they can be found with some difficulty since the battleship weight of the lid tends to destroy these over time. I found a NOS right one and a good used left one after a six month search to replace my well battered ones. M