shanafelt manifold

deadchewie

You have a treasure!

I bid on one on eBay some time back.

I bid twice what I knew was a high price for an Edmunds and LOST!

After I started looking at other Shanafelt manifolds I figure three times might have been more betta.

Does it look like this one?

s-l1600.jpg

Very similar. Mine does not have the two raised bosses for vacuum, though there is a tapped hole there. The squared area where the exhaust manifold bolts on ( for carb heat ) is square not scalloped and the holes are not threaded all the way through . I am a little technologically impaired, but I will try to post pics. the ports where the carbs bolt on have had a portion of the dividers removed. I assume it was for throttle blade clearance for some type of carb. Two of the studs on the rear carb base are broken out. I can weld them and redrill them (I have a mill), or should I just leave everything as it is. The manifold was polished at some point in it's life.Also, the center to center distance between the end ports is about 15".

Edited by deadchewie

• 2 weeks later...

The intake to exhaust manifold connection is through bolts on the 25" flatheads and blind holes on the 23"s. So the differences you're stating might mimic the factory intakes. I know my fenton intake for the 23" has blind holes.