2021 - First Drive!

TravisL17

Let's all share some pictures of the first drive of 2021! I know some are well into the driving season, but those of us in the snow/salt belt are just getting our cars out.

Today I took the family out for the first drive of 2021. It was a nice 30 mile test drive after completely rewiring the car and taking care of a bunch of maintenance items. In a few weeks we will be taking a trip to Galena Illinois with it.

20210403_184328.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice looking car! The arrival of spring is a welcoming time for any old car owner. For the first time, I was able to drive my car every month of the year. I took advantage of rare ideal driving conditions that appeared in each month over the past winter. Today is our local club's annual easter tour event. I am taking my 53 out today for the drive. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Very envious Keith, I'd love have a mild winter like that!

We got another 40 miles in this morning. It could be my imagination, but it seems to run better with the new wiring. Probably better voltage and current to the coil. It definitely starts better with new battery cables.

20210404_110611.jpeg

• Like 3

Finally got some toys out of storage. That's the one major downfall to off-site storage-gotta remove at a set time and not earlier if you have a nice spring. Other years I've removed it and still had weeks of snow afterwards. Both the 46 WC and the 64 belvedere started great. Hooked up the batteries 2-4 cycles of cranking and vrooooom

• Like 1